*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707879-Beta--Macros
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#707879 added October 6, 2010 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
Beta: Macros!
Hello!

I'm happy to announce the beta release of Macros for the recently updated WdC editor! Macros allow you to quickly create your own custom WritingML editor buttons. When those custom buttons are clicked, the text you've previously entered as the macro is dropped into the text editor area.

To use Macros, click the button in the WritingML editor toolbar.

*Note* Macros require an Upgraded Membership or above.

*Bullet* Each member can have up to 20 custom macros.
*Bullet* Once you create a macro, it becomes a clickable button in your editor toolbar found in that "M" area.
*Bullet* Macros are also assigned to hot keys... Ctrl+0 thru Ctrl+9 and Ctrl+Shift+0 thru Ctrl+Shift+9.
*Bullet* The text of each Macro must be between 2 and 500 characters.

Please remember this is a beta release. If you use it, you are amongst the first to try it out. While I've done extensive testing, I expect there to be bugs that I've missed. I do expect they will be small and inconvenience-like, rather than traumatic failures of the system. *Smile*

That said, there are a couple odds and ends to "sort out"... 3 of those that I'll make note of are:
*ButtonB* Internet Explorer is, of course as MSIE always is, being difficult. I have found some cases where the insert of the macro works correctly and other cases where it does not. I am still working with this. *Wink*

*ButtonB* Ctrl+Shift+8, is in fact, a preset macro for *Bullet*... With the new system, to attain all 20 macros, you would have to over-write that by creating your own macro for that C+S+8 combination. It is not listed as a "in use".

*ButtonB* There's also no easy way to change the hotkeys assigned to macros in bulk... and likely you run into a few problems changing the hotkeys when you have all 20 in use.

We'll work those issues out over time.

Thanks in advance for your feedback! *Right* "Beta Tests: Comments

Best wishes,
~~SM

© Copyright 2010 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/707879-Beta--Macros