*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708465-Term-Limits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#708465 added October 15, 2010 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Term Limits
Term Limits

If we’ve learned anything from the current administration it’s that they can’t govern. They had the majorities, the mandate of the people and a fiscal carte blanch and they have utterly failed to do anything right. Their efforts remind me of those I saw throughout my career talk their way into positions of responsibility and then demonstrate to everyone their absolute and utter incompetence.

There are two things the Democrat, liberal, socialist left do well. The first is criticizing the actions of others. The worst thing that happened to the current administration was being given a power they had no idea how to govern with… It’s one thing to sit back and snipe while your party is a minority and quite another to have the ability to create solutions to complex and challenging social and economic problems…The Democrats have but two solutions for everything….throw money blindly and criticize George W. Bush for getting us into this predicament. Never mind their misguided attempt to use government to force the Banking Industry to float bad loans to those who bought homes they could never afford in the wild hope that they dump them at a profit in two years. Never mind the socialist political appointees at Freddy Mac and Fanny May that bought up these worthless notes and “repackaged” them by mixing them in with a few good ones…Finally the housing market collapsed under the sheer weight of what was at best foolish and at worst fraudulent policies….and the CEOs walked away with twenty million in bonuses.

I sincerely hope the American people clean house in the November elections and get rid of the incumbents who framed this stupid legislation and/or stood back and let it happen. I’m referring to both Democrats and Republicans who go to Washington and forget why they were sent….which is to serve the good of the people….not their political parties mind you or the special interests but the good of the people….if you need evidence this isn’t happening than look at the way they vote on everything …straight down party lines….we don’t need a representative to do that... we could send a trained ape….what we need are term limits….term limits! Remember that when you go out and vote….term limits….you can’t expect a cow to slaughter itself and our elected representatives will never agree to term limits. So the only alternative is then to ask yourself, “Who is the incumbent and once you know the answer make sure you vote for the other guy or gal.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708465-Term-Limits