*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709331-Tricky-treating
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#709331 added October 25, 2010 at 2:09pm
Restrictions: None
Tricky treating
I spent a lot of minutes today lamenting why my body chose this week to get sick. All day, and for several days now, I've been battling a sore throat, headaches, achy joints and a gerenal lack of energy. What began as a cold as matured into a nasty, spirit-sapping flu-like affliction. The mst bizaare development is that my fingers ache terribly on the lines of an old finger fracture. It makes typing, opening jars, and almost anything I need to do with my hands, nearly unbearable. Last night, the razor blades in my throat and aching in my hands and knees, kept a much needed good night's sleep at bay so compounding my illness today is a fatigue that is driving me further down. This week was one I had been looking forward to all year. Halloween is a favorite holiday of mine. This was going to be Jaden's first one and I was so excited to decorate the house, throw the big party and partake in all the fun and wonderful activities this season provides. Instead, I'm left wondering how the hell I am going to pull it all off when simply getting out of bed is a challenge. I feel robbed and cheated. I'm staring at my big navel orange, perched on the edge of my desk, virtually willing it to posess some kind of magical elixir that will render me back to normal. I dread a trip to the doctor but another day of this and I fear I will have no choice. While waiting in a lobby full of coughing, ill people for a doctor who will certainly not have the best answers or remedies, the alternatives are equally unappealing. What I need to do is drug myself tonight into a solid sleep, not easy to do with a nine month old prone to waking at any and all hours. Perhaps my husband will be so charmed by the lovely apple pie I bought for him that he gives me the night off and lets me crawl under the blankets and sleep away my maladies.

© Copyright 2010 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/709331-Tricky-treating