*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710405-Nevada-Day---Part-II
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1713785
Young man's struggle with money, women and literature.
#710405 added November 5, 2010 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Nevada Day - Part II
I aimed to avoid vulgarities in this blog for as long as possible, but the intrusive beauty of the students that surround me have forced a deserving recognition of the subtle battleground of preliminary sexual advances that make this particular part of university (the library), just as ferocious as the nightclub. After reading reviews of this university (after I had written one myself), there was actually a section named 'eye candy', where you are supposed to rate the attractiveness of the students here and one person actually commented saying 'we go to the library to check out the talent, not for work!'. Attraction is something that has puzzled and infuriated me for a long time. I am one of those 'neither here nor there' kind of people who doesn't really lean towards any definitive side of the attraction scale, but I have always been amazed by the looks my closest friend gets from girls. He seems completely oblivious, but I always make the joke that whenever we go about town, the divorce rate goes up a few percent because all those wives are seeing what they are missing.

During my walks, either home or to anywhere else insignificant, my mind quickly and momentarily flashes into a state of another, where life is without a care and I am a Rockefeller or a Jackson (Curtis). It is a world so completely different and queer from what me and you are familiar with. The abundance of money, respect, opportunity and pleasure is just astronomical.

As consumers we pay for the soundtracks to the lives of those people, even though we ourselves aren't enjoying it on a scale anywhere near to them.

Working in a nightclub, the tracks that come out are just the perfect marketing ploys that sucker us in to buying and living our lives in such a drilled and predetermined manner. When I was going through a phase where I thought I could maybe one day become a copywriter, I spent some time reading marketing and advertising books and the extent in which we are manipulated was astonishing to me. I began to take a step back from my life and realize I am just a whore of marketed influences. My previous post stated I wanted to buy a pen and paper to sit in a coffee shop with...oh dear! I have wasted so much time. My energy levels are terrible and it can take me a week to complete just a few simple tasks that require brain power. This is why I believe some genes should not be passed on, this is why I have removed myself from the gene pool by not chasing these absolute beauties around me in this room. This is why I am nothing.

Fury.

© Copyright 2010 Phoenix (UN: phoinixh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Phoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710405-Nevada-Day---Part-II