*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711075-I-was-bullied
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#711075 added November 11, 2010 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
I was bullied.
Honestly, I don’t know how I made it through high school alive. If I didn’t have a twin sister to bond with, I probably wouldn’t have made it. Even with her, I felt alone.

I went through depressions before I was 13. My parents were afraid to leave me alone in the house, I hid behind big clothes and long bangs, and I didn’t like myself. I never felt good enough and I never felt like I fit in. That was in elementary school. That was before the bullying started.

I still don’t understand why I was bullied. I don’t know why a particular group of people seemed to hate me. A few of them have since apologized to me. I’ve accepted their apologies, but it’s still hard to move on sometimes. I was picked on daily, shoved into lockers, called terrible names. I was called a lesbian for having short hair, and a “freak” for dressing differently. I let the abuse affect the way I saw myself. I hated myself and my life.

I tried to get help and I sought out teachers and counselors. They refused to get involved. They said they couldn’t do anything about it if there were no witnesses. My friends wouldn’t speak out for fear of being targeted. I don’t blame them. So I dealt with it. For 6 long years. I shouldn’t have had to do that.

Saying, “Just ignore it,” is the same as giving up. Tolerating bullying is just not an option.

I want to tell anyone out there who might be bullied that it does get better. Please believe that it does. I’m 30 years-old now, I have an amazing husband (who helped me to see that I’m perfect the way I am) and a wonderful life. I do what I love and I love who I am.

Believe in yourself and believe that it will get better! If you are bullied or if you know someone is being bullied, DO NOT TOLERATE IT! No one deserves to be bullied for any reason! Teach your kids that bullying is NEVER okay! Don’t ignore it! Do something about it!

Love is the answer.


RIP Brandon ♥
http://brandonbitner.com/
http://www.pacer.org/bullying/bpam/index.asp
http://www.bullying.org/





won in Winnie's auction
218143218143
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.






© Copyright 2010 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711075-I-was-bullied