*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711703-Deaths-Hour-Glass
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1725468
A compilation of poetry that I have written over the course of my life.
#711703 added November 18, 2010 at 6:58am
Restrictions: None
Death's Hour Glass
Lay alone, staring up at nothing, eyes betraying nothing...No life. Glazed over as in death, in stasis. The taste of blood, drips down the side of the mouth, red along the white. Worried faces gather around, holding the pale hands, trying to breathe life back into the mouth. Blood dripping down tanned forehead, eyes separated, the tiny pieces of what once was a body, scattered around the room, blood staining carpet. Black lips, tainted red, green eyes bloodshot, black hair a halo of death.

Flames of below begin to engulf, hands of the forgotten grabbing at bare legs, trying to pull to them. Screams echo in the rocks, faces painted with horror, forgotten people wanting more. Darkness in far corners, a lord waiting. Walking towards him, a fallen angel, the light of hell, and the beautiful...A hand extended and taken. Voices spoken softly, a deal being made, others in pain...The deal of exchange, signed in blood. The offering accepted, the dark haired beauty and the dark lord, part until later, when he would come to collect his pay.

A soul returned, the life continued, the tears ceasing, arms thrown around neck...Head turns, no recognition. Tears roll silent, blue eyes close, eyes stained red. Pain erupts in the heart, guilt washes over the mind, waves crash and die…White foam turned to red. The heart bleeds, the mind reels and scenes play repeatedly in front of dull eyes. Finally, the throb subsides, the pain is vanquished, the demon eradicated…Eyes widen in urgency, a struggle to get up. Silence washes over deaf ears, darkness covers blind eyes, all form of touch denied…A spiritual suicide. Flash of gold, bright and startling, the soft skin invades. Green eyes flash, red lips open, a rugged breath inscapes.

A rush to the head, dancing dots, a sense of need…The feeling dies, along with the dots. A cold shiver chills the skin, the song ends, the echoes of the walls, the whispers burning into the mind…The searing burn takes the body. Nothingness exhumed. Unearth the body, lay it flat, glue the broken pieces together…Hope, must return. A play being held, a tragedy, a story of love and death, what’s it called?

A collage of images, the one face standing out, the face of a close one, a loved one…So close, but out of reach. Struggling to touch, but being torn away, the heart taken from within, a threat of hurt. Tears stream, arms thrown around neck, refusals to let go, life dependency…The dearest heart. Pain, love, soft…One.

Hands held dearly, eyes penetrating deeply, green into blue, blue into green, colours blur. Skin touches, longing for love, held deep inside, the rage, the pain, the love…All wanting to come out, but hiding from the depthless blue eyes. Touching, holding, hurting inside. NO MORE!

Tearing free from the restraints, the chains clatter to the dark, the echo, echoes of voices heard before, echo in the mind. Looks of horror, threat of pain, must protect! A fight of survival, the race against time, the origin, the power, the hungriness…Something unfelt, unseen, unknown. Lunges and swipes, slashes and punches…Isn’t there anywhere to hide from this pain?

Blood drips, ripples and swirls…Green eyes watching the lifeless blue. A glint of gold, eyes open in horror, the gold fades to brown, the terror grows less. A dull thought, death is everywhere…It stalks to the point of paranoia. The point of no return…keep going? STOP! Turning around, sad eyes, pleading, gold, blue, white, perception of reality is twisted. Where does it end? Where does it begin? A hand held out, a deal of exchange, signed in blood, time for payment.

Floating, upside down, the hangman…A rope around the ankle rather than the throat. Confusion, overwhelming. Where did it all go? A goddess, is it true, or is it just another illusion? Images collide, interchange, a face amongst the mess, hands pull the body from the earth. Sticky, sickly, time ends, time begins, speed up, slow down, hot, cold, abuse…The goddess.

Eyes open to darkness. Drowning, nothing to hold, drowning…Desperate, searching, reaching, hoping. Find nothing. Water filled lungs or hot fiery breath. The choice, the decision of hope. Floating, a skeleton with a hood, skeletal hand clutching the throat. Breath escaping, life disappearing, blue eyes fading to white. Purity taken, a hole in the heart, a tumour in the brain, brown eyes dying. Sticky pearls. Black hair, brown eyes, fading into a memory.

Pain, it strikes again…Tearing the heart in two. Swallow. Birds fly in the sky, fish swim in the sea, all seeming to have a purpose...But, why have humans live? What is there to experience? Her face again, the goddess appears. She speaks, to deaf ears she is heard, to blind eyes she is seen, to one who cannot feel she touches…The spiritual suicide? The touch, the sight, the sound, the scent…All drive to madness. Is this the purpose of living?

A one winged angel comes, to stand with the goddess. The pain on her face, the lies that she tells, covering the truth, the pain in her heart…Burning feelings swallow her whole. The goddess doesn’t see that the angel is hurting, the goddess can’t heal her in time, she reaches for her hand, but the spirit is already dead, the angel disappears into the darkness she came from.

The goddess is alone, standing at the edge, the waves crashing beneath her, the bloodied water splashes onto her pale face, tainting it. Death floats above, waiting for her life. The darkness comes, she’s ready to take the plunge, death waiting hungrily. Time stops, the body rises from the ground. Blue eyes staring into green, a hand held out, taken tightly. An embrace.

Death becomes angry and attempts to attack, the shadows protect the goddess and the body, sending death into hiding. The shadows disappear and in their place stands the light of hell, the beautiful fallen angel, the dark’s lord. Is payment overdue? A smile spreads over his lips as his head shakes. The deal must be upheld, it is signed in blood, the change of exchange. He disappears and gold hair winds itself around the dark hair. An exchange.

A binding of souls, the goddess and the body from the earth, green eyes looking into blue, a pleading held within. The Goddess turns, a tear in her eye, the scheme of things folds. A rose falls, the petals die. An angel’s flesh, the smell of sulfur, the stench of life. The body crumbles, earth to earth, dust to dust, ashes to ashes, this is the way of things…And it will continue to be, for the rest of eternity, the body’s heart, broken, the green eyes, dead, the blood, frozen, staying, in stasis.
© Copyright 2010 Vanilla Echoes (UN: vanillaechoes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vanilla Echoes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711703-Deaths-Hour-Glass