*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711776-Friday-November-19-2010
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#711776 added November 19, 2010 at 7:52am
Restrictions: None
Friday, November 19, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010

         This morning I woke up frustrated and angry.  Before waking, I had a frustrating dream where I was mopping up the bathroom floor of poop and water.  My little sister had pooped in the tub and kept coming into the bathroom, re-mucking herself to my chagrin.  Finally, her dress was unwearable.  No matter how many times I told her to stay out, she continued coming into the bathroom -- even when I locked the door, she managed to get in; and no matter how many times I mopped the floor, the poopy water seemed to increase, sloshing out of the bathroom onto the carpet in the hallway.  (In hindsight, maybe I should have closed the bathroom door and walked away.)

         All I can say is that yesterday at lunch, we talked about misbehaved children and how they sometimes tear-up our things in front of parents who seem to wear blinders.  Growing up, one of my younger sisters was very bratty.  Whenever my sisters and/or I were in charge of her, she would continually do naughty things despite punishment and being asked, threatened to stop, behave...  Because we were her older "sisters," she didn't respect our authority and taunted us by misbehaving.  I think that is why she was in the dream as her younger self.  (She is in her 40s now and I in my 50s.)

         So, I woke up angry and frustrated. 

         I have to use reverse-psychology on my kitty because he scratches on things to get my attention.  If I actually pay attention, I am reinforcing the behavior.  I keep a squirt water-bottle close at hand.  This morning his scratching was even more annoying because of my dream. 

         When I awoke this morning, I had to bring myself back to reality and calmness.  Weird and odd all at the same time --- but that's life. 

© Copyright 2010 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711776-Friday-November-19-2010