*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712351-Back-to-Lightbulbs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#712351 added November 26, 2010 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Back to Lightbulbs

Back to Lightbulbs

Now this is a very simplistic analogy because it is missing some key components that the designer of life had to contend with….Not only did the bulb have to glow but it had to move about on legs and also had to have arms and hands and fingers to manipulate and sustain itself. Further it had to respirate, digest, and purge waste and to handle all these boring and repetitive functions and not distract the spirit with details such as beating hearts, reproduction, and sensory and emotional operations. To take care of these mundane functions she also had to design a computer to regulate all this. This computer started out as a purely utilitarian device designed to orchestrate the functions of the life form but in some of the advanced life forms it developed a module for recreation and amusement…it evolved a sense of humor and a sense of joy and while it was initially programmed using negative and reactive logic it looped back in its evolution, as life so often does, bringing a positive outlook and function to what started out negative.

So life forms as they evolved came to reconcile the driving force of the spirit with the counter forces as they interacted on the containment vessel called life…I hope this discussion isn’t boring you…It is important to understand the basics before moving onto some of the ramifications that followed.

Anyway as I mentioned early, once the spirit created this containment vessel it entered therein and has remained a part ever since….As the light bulb reaches the end of its utility the spirit withdraws and joins the spirit in other bulbs, and thus has somewhere to go when the containment vessel finally "Gives up the light."

Now here is the point I want the reader to take away. As the bulb burns with the power of the universe, is beset within by impurities, is buffed from without by counterforce’s it goes out. If the bulb wants to extend the duration of its existence it turns itself off from time to time (gets some sleep) maintains itself with prudence (Holds vacuum, regulates power flow, sheds plenty of light) and does not indulge in risky behavior that allows the counter forces of life to end prematurely its existence.

When a life form wakes up from a nap, awareness comes on and the maintenance modules continue unabated but below the level of awareness intruding only when something is wrong and the life form must be steered in some direction of remediation.

Oh..Ohhh, This blog is going to turn out like the one I was doing on fixing old trucks…There is going to be a huge drop in interest and I am going to be forced to describe something more interesting or face a dramatic downturn in readership….To keep this from happening I will turn my attention now to writing and how that works so that those aspiring to becoming published and best selling authors can have the path illuminated and be rewarded for their patience in following along.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712351-Back-to-Lightbulbs