*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712519-Sensual-Prose
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#712519 added November 28, 2010 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
Sensual Prose
Sensual Prose

All erotica or sensual prose or Romantica (All the same to me) starts out as written symbols called Alpha Characters arranged into words that are grouped into sentences combined into paragraphs into serials or chapters or vignettes or short stories.

The reason I start here is because once it enters my processor it takes to different paths in route to the video screen of my imagination. It can take an auditory or a visual path.

With some writers the erotica has an almost lyrical and sensuous quality and has its effect through an ambience or resonating quality….It is mellow and puts the reader in a mood of opulence allowing them to experience the touching and kinetic power of the merging of skin textures and the delightful feelings of emotional warmth and glow.

The other takes a visual path and shows the reader the graphic beauty, the vista of the sensual experience (That is if the lights aren’t turned off) and the beholder gets to see the details of the human form and thrill to the intimate details of each other’s body and see first-hand the wonder of discover develop and unfold before their eyes.

In any event both tracks lead to the imagination and if the writer is gifted the reader gets to experience in stereo the blending of inputs arriving via an auditory cable and a visual one. Keep in mind these inputs are being sourced by written symbols and not pictures, movies or overheard conversations. They are being input into the eyes (Perhaps the ears if the written word is being read and played on an audio tape) but the source is a queue of symbols written on a page or a CRT.
.
Readers love to use their imaginations because as a displayer of images the imagination is unsurpassed in the elegance of the imagery it renders….Audio or Video, imagination interprets and displays those inputs with a vividness and beauty that is unrivaled…Sure one can go to the movies and see lovely images and special effects and hear poetry read that comes to life or go to a symphony and thrill to the composition of human genius, but alone and in bed, or your favorite armchair, nothing beats the written word and the wonder of the imagination to display it.

I am not a religious zealot by any standard but I find it profound that the Bible starts….In the beginning was the word and the word was God. What sets man apart from all else is her imagination. It is a unique ability that sets womankind apart from the other life forms. We can game play in our imaginations experiences that have never happened…and experience things before they take place. In this manner we can desensitize ourselves to the physiological shock of an upcoming trauma and work through it where without that advanced programming we might would most certainly have been overwhelmed. What an advantage that must have been in the evolution of our species.

I heard the car drive up and I need to go for now….more tomorrow.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712519-Sensual-Prose