*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712543-who-is-at-fault
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#712543 added November 28, 2010 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
who is at fault?
Ok, actually, no one is at fault. Nothing much happened which is the problem. Nothing much went on except I chose to do things that did not put words on paper. I have a lot of good memories, and many, many good pictures posted from the event which took up an entire week of November (about 10 days actually, from one Saturday to the Sunday following the following Saturday...ok, about nine days to be slightly more precise). I had decided to join in the NaNoWriMo event, and even started a really cool novel set over time and with dips into multiple dimensions. I even found a really cool title for it. Then, I went on a pilgrimage with a local Buddhist temple for 7 days only to end up at a huge rally over the weekend. I won't go into all the details, but I did stop writing on the novel.

Yes, I want to blame the military industrial complex, after all it is they who maintain the facility the rally was organized to try to get closed. And, they are the ones that encourage the mass violence that the Buddhist walk and chant and pray to make an end to. But, it isn't anyone's fault... but my own. I chose to walk instead of write. I chose to shot 1200 photos that then need to be organized, filed, and uploaded to web sites or given to friends. I am the one who chose to sit out this entire Thanksgiving Holiday weekend with my wife and cabin. Let's face it we all have choices from time to time. And, mine did not move my book idea one word further along.

So, is all lost? Well, for being a NaNoWriMo winner... yep, it is pretty much about all over. Being a participant, well, come to think of it, I did do that. I have multiple thousands of words and a very workable outline sitting on my hard drive. I have the skeleton of the story and 11 more months until the next NaNoWriMo... I have time to finish this novel, or at least, get it filled out and closer to ending. I can write 500 to 1000 or so words per week, I now know that about myself. I can train my writing brain for next November by keeping more writing discipline going for this year. Ok, sounds like a New Years resolution to put into place before the end of December forming here. Nothing like being out in front of these things to keep one's mind going. I think it will do well. And, heck, I have 48 more hours before the end of NaNoWriMo... if I can just crank out 1000 words or so an hour this could still be the year. I don't see that happening. I do see more writing happening before the end of December and January... then, lets see how the New Years thing plays out.

© Copyright 2010 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712543-who-is-at-fault