*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712766-Star-Trek-DVD-Scribblings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1587540
Not hardcore enough to be ultra nerdy, but it's not that shallow, either.
#712766 added November 30, 2010 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Star Trek DVD Scribblings
Yeah, I'm FINALLY getting around to this. You'd think I'd have gotten to it sooner. That's what we get for thinking. Anyhow, while I'd love to give you an Amazon link for the two disc set that I own, no can do. See the following Tech Support thread for details "Error message with ASIN "  . Just thought you might like to know that. Now, without further ado, let me say the following things about the DVD (and play with the emoticons a bit). You should already know that there will be a zillion spoilers.

*Nuclear* The DVD version of the film itself is different from the theatrical release. In particular, the "same ship, different day" line uttered by Bones got cut from the end. *Angry* I think whoever cut this version didn't get the memo that the audience is pretty united when it comes to Karl's rendition of Bones (mostly that people want more Karl).

*Nuclear* Speaking of which, Chris Pine is such a Karl fanboy. Take a number and get in line, buddy. The casting special really showed his fanboy tendencies. Obviously, the segments featuring Chris and Karl were my favorites, although Bruce Greenwood (Captain Pike) was pretty awesome as well. He seems like a fantastic drinking buddy. In a related story, I'm so glad they included a gag reel. I just wish it was longer in duration and had more Karl.

*Nuclear* This is one of the few DVD's I've seen where there is a decent section devoted toward writing. Say what you want about the quality of the writing for this movie. I'm just glad to see the writers get any attention in the special features, and it's a fascinating featurette to boot. {/Spock}

*Nuclear* I wish there had been a couple more deleted scenes included, but I think that from what I saw the editor made the right decisions. In particular, the apology scene between Kirk and the Orion that was not Gaila would have severely dragged the pace. Likewise, Spock's birth just had no logical place in the movie and felt extraneous. Okay, now's the time for {/Spock}.


I just wish I could rewatch the movie some more. Between my still bloated Netflix queue and other endeavors clamoring for my attention, repeat viewings won't be happening anytime soon. *Frown*


© Copyright 2010 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712766-Star-Trek-DVD-Scribblings