*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712921-Ending-for-Novel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#712921 added December 3, 2010 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Ending for Novel
I know you must be thinking dear readers that I am obsessed with this matter of the Spirit. I apologize but I just can’t seem to shake it. Nowhere as it been more evident than in the last week as I tried to finish the last two chapters of my Novella….Habit of Despair (AKA Don Tomas de Torquemada.) I have been assailed by forces that are not internal to my thinking (Ideas) but are rather external, (Spirits)…please indulge me while I explain

First off is the ending itself…I thought I had that all resolved but forget that…When I tried to end it my brain went into grid lock….no it wasn’t writers cramp it was grid lock….Something outside of me would not let me write the ending I was contemplating….

At first I thought I had gotten on the wrong track by killing off Teresa but it wasn’t that….or maybe that was the start of it….Maybe I didn’t have to do that after all….What I mean is that if my Protagonist is Frey Tomas de Torquemada then I definitely have to “Out” her in order to create a life crisis that returns him to the cloth and makes him the force he became….

However, something keeps whispering….”Your protagonist isn’t Torquemada….You had it “righter “to begin with….it’s somebody else. Concurrent with this gridlock I finished reading one of my favorite Author’s (Raphael Sabatini) novel Torquemada….(Note: If you want to read the greatest Romance Novel ever written read his “Scaramouch.“)

The more I read the more I became convinced that this guy was so bad there was no redemption….Torquemada was an absolute fanatic religious nut case who would have been very much at home in the Third Reich…What in God’s name was I trying to do pretending he was anything but what he was…the worst sort of insane religious mad man. The whole Inquisition was insanity….A classic example of the murderous propensities of religious zealots…Christians, Jews and Muslims.

However In finishing the Book Torquemada (It wasn’t a novel it was more of a scholarly research work.) A solution presented itself….I needed to find a different person to model my protagonist after… make a course correction that will keep me from having to kill Teresa and bring this novel to a happier but still inexorable conclusion.

© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/712921-Ending-for-Novel