*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713072-Musing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#713072 added December 6, 2010 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
Musing
As many people are already aware, it's at this time of year I frequently feel the desire to move to another planet or at the very least a country that doesn't celebrate Humbug.

Failing that, I think I'd prefer to be in the southern hemisphere, where December is a summer month. Preparing for the season of not-so-goodwill would certainly be easier and slightly more pleasant in warm temperatures and sunshine.

Being mostly housebound due to heavy snowfall doesn't leave you with many excuses not to write Humbug cards, wrap the few presents you've purchased or contemplate climbing the loft ladder to bring down the decorations.

Living where snow is far more likely to fall in July or August would certainly be preferable. Just think of all the things I could do with a clear conscience.

*Bullet* I could catch up on all those films I've never time to watch or spend all day lost in my novel of the moment 'Eat, Pray, Love,' which is rapidly becoming an all time favourite.

*Bullet* I could sit at the computer and write anything and everything that comes into my head. Even my unwritten novel might actually put in an appearance.

*Bullet* I could design and make some lovely jewellery with all the materials and new skills I've acquired. I might even become good enough at it to set up a website and make a fortune from sales.

*Bullet* I could churn out knitted garments on my machine or relax with some hand knitting while watching some of my favourite programmes or those films I mentioned earlier.

*Bullet* I could spread out all my art and craft materials and leisurely make some Humbug cards, in the secure knowledge they wouldn't need to be in the post by next week.

After all, if I was residing in the southern hemisphere, I'd need to make special cards to send to my Dad, my son's family and my hubby to let them know I was thinking about them.

Hell, I'd miss them all and don't know how I'd cope without the anxiety, stress and restrictions they impose upon me. *Rolleyes* But, martyr that I am, I'm sure I'd find a way. *Wink*

© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713072-Musing