*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713520-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#713520 added December 13, 2010 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Monday
*Pencil* Pending for this week, but recitals are the obvious topic. I'm waiting for my photographer, who should have pics to me early this week.

Business priorities for MTMS  :
*Writing* Scheduling and retention databases.
The spreadsheet Chris created keeps track of retention, so we can incorporate it directly into the scheduling database. The one I'm going to develop. Someday.

*Writing* Close October/November books and update projections and break-even
*Writing* I have done some analysis, at least. The more I analyze, the more analysis ideas I generate. We have so much good data! It will be very helpful when we open Studio #2. I wonder if our competitors analyze their data?

*Check* Fill Samplers
Um... actually, we have a piano sampler "starting" Wednesday with zero students enrolled. *cancel* We've seen a decline in both private lesson and class enrollments this month, and we're hoping it's the holiday frenzy keeping everyone at bay. They're just too busy to call us and sign up. We hope.

*Pencil* Drums and soundproofing.
Volunteers mounted the soundproofing and installed the door sweeps! I'm pretty sure they help. Now we need to hang soundproofing in one of the voice lesson rooms, because it has a drywalled ceiling instead of acoustical tile. That was just a cost savings, because the ceiling was already there, but a BIG MISTAKE. The echo in there is terrible. *marks that on the Studio #2 checklist*

*Writing* Customer appreciation event or activity.
Once I get those recital photos, we print cute pictures framed with our logo and give them to the parents.

*Writing* Hire a voice/piano instructor.
Interview is scheduled Wednesday.

*Writing* Advertising.
We did manage to get into the paper this week and next and put some ad copy in the recital programs. Now I need interior signage and window signage for the studio, the former of which I hope to get hung today, but I have a flat tire. *Pthb*

*Writing* Prepare for recitals.
YAY! Recitals were AWESOME. The kids did great, energy was high, parents had fun, students who had been too nervous to perform in the past overcame their fears, and they're all asking when the next recital is. February, for the curious - with a *Heart* theme, of course. (Yes, I'm a marketing sellout. Or a theme nerd. Both of those.)

Launch one new performance repertoire song per week.
Nope.

One load of laundry per day.
*Blush* Keith spent the day catching it all up yesterday. *Blush*

Achieve a weight of 150 by 12/31/2010
Weight: ?
Meals:
7:00 Half bagel with cheese (3.5) and coffee (2)

TOTAL POINTS: 4.5 (Goal: 25)

The last couple days have been BAD. Mexican Thursday night, donuts and other sweets at church yesterday morning, Mexican again last night, and I don't even remember what I ate Saturday. Happy Monday! We start fresh again.

© Copyright 2010 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713520-Monday