*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713770-A-Christmas-Story
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#713770 added December 17, 2010 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
A Christmas Story
I wish I had one. A really good one, that is.

One blog I frequent is "Writer Beware," and the latest entry touches on how not to use social media. She went on to add a link to another blog that describe further how not to use it which led to a third talking about how to set up an internet presence that people will gravitate to.

The three links are here:

Writer Beware Tidbits   by Victoria Strauss

When (or Why) Social Media Fails to Sell Books   by Jane Friedman

The secret ingredient to a strong author platform   by Justine Lee Musk.

I admit I haven't used my Internet presence to it's fullest. I've specifically tried to avoid selling anything, but I also haven't participated like I should. That includes interacting with all my friends and contacts on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. When I do go there, it's usually to add a link to my blog. That's not a real benefit to anyone, because it's not interaction.

So I think for the next few weeks I will sit down (something I do well, and too much of), and come up with a strategy for marketing in general. Not to sell so much as to socialize, and to give something to my readers that they can use.

What does that have to do with a Christmas story?

It's your story I'm interested in. What was your favorite Christmas? Why?

© Copyright 2010 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713770-A-Christmas-Story