*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714250-The-Aftermath
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#714250 added December 28, 2010 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
The Aftermath
After a great deal of debate and heart-searching, it was decided Paul and family would join us for Humbug and we'd take the consequences whatever. Besides, what would we have done with all those sprouts? *Sick*

I can honestly say I have never felt more exhausted, stressed, irritated or ready to murder in my life. Family sure bring out the best in me.

*Bullet* Both the grandmonsters were suffering from bugs, runny noses, coughs and loss of appetite, but still managed to rise giggling at unearthly hours after broken nights. They enjoyed themselves however and caused a few laughs, although they've somehow managed to lock me out of my iTunes account while playing with talking cats, robots and santas on my iPad. Bless their little cotton socks.

*Bullet* Mey Ling coughed and spluttered through two days while lolling on the sofa with her laptop permanently playing Khmer movies. She did manage to open all her presents however.

*Bullet* Paul coughed and spluttered less than the others, but is exhausted after work, house hunting, shopping and seeing to the kids. We didn't get the chance to share a few Baileys and a late night chat as hubby insisted on staying up as late as possible to watch the damned cricket. *Pthb* Or maybe that was just an excuse.

*Bullet* Aforementioned hubby has annoyed me on more fronts than I could possibly list here and if I'm stuck indoors with him much longer I swear my kitchen knives may all need disinfecting. You may think I'm cruel, but if you knew all the details you might understand. I'm not sure I can stand it much longer, though no doubt I will.

*Bullet* My humbug dinner wasn't too bad, but I think I overdid the port and lemons while cooking, resulting in the pig's blankets being rather black and not even the birds will eat the leftover Yorkshire puds. *Blush*

Oh well, at least that's it for another year, my Dad managed to stay upright and I can escape for a day out with my friend tomorrow all being well.

As for the new year, I daren't even think about it. Maybe I need to make a resolution to stop being so damned positive about everything. *Laugh*



© Copyright 2010 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/714250-The-Aftermath