*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715012-Audio-vs-Video
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#715012 added January 8, 2011 at 9:33am
Restrictions: None
Audio vs Video
Audio vs. Video

We all know that when we look at something that light from the object goes into our eyes and is fed straight into our brains (Processor). We also know this is true for sounds, smells, tastes and tactile stimulus.

However what you have not probably thought a great deal about is how the brain (processor) deals with alpha characters (26), arranged in various patterns into words. What is obvious is that these impulses do not go directly into the processor. Instead of being flashed up onto the front side of the awareness screen, they are sent to the back or imaginative side of the screen….Thus sensory inputs can be viewed as actual or contrived.

When reading a book, Alfa-characters, words and sentences are fed down a neural USB cable into a pre-filter which differentiates and converts them into visual, audio, scent, taste or tactile inputs. For example if we read the words, “The young girl, smelled the rose, felt the bloom and put the bitter stem between her teeth…then the pre-filter must create an image of a young girl, search the smell file for roses, search the texture file of softness, and the taste file for bitter. These must then be integrated and fed to the back side of the awareness screen where they are displayed in our imaginations.

Whew! Was that so hard? Now this brings us to the “So What?” question. The reason this is important is because the pre-filters to our imaginations are all not of the same design, circuitry and elegance of manufacture. For some pre-filters most of the fiber optic strands are devoted to visual images…others have more strands devoted to audio inputs and what is left over is meagerly allocated to texture, smell and taste.

Thus a reader is going to view a written product depending upon the brand of their pre-filter….If it’s a Microsoft, it will provide have a different quality of resolution than an Apple… depending on how the fiber optics are wired into the function philosophy of the design criteria. As a consequence two people can read the same book and take from the experience a different perspective on quality. It isn’t all in how the book is written. It is also on how the data was processed into the reader’s imagination.

Now if you don’t believe this I can prove it very easily. In my port under "One Acts" (Enchantment) is one about an erotic encounter between two wood sprites. If you have a visual preprocessor you will hate this story. If you have a processor with dual feeds that gives you muted, visual and audio in stereo, it isn’t going to light your fire or snuff your wick. If you have an audio pre-processor you are going to love it. This assumes of course that you like sensually written literature to begin with.





© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715012-Audio-vs-Video