*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715353-Tricked-into-Believing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#715353 added January 12, 2011 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
Tricked into Believing
Tricked into Believing

I think this is really cool….we all know it but its not something we think about very much….

Reality to our processor is not just the feed of sensory data into the front side or call it the awareness side of the CRT….This is certainly reality to the processor but there is another means for inputting sensory imagery. This is via the back side or call it the imaginative side of the CRT.

We can close our eyes tight and envision something and the image of it originates in memory travels down a bio-fiber-optic cable into the back side of our awareness which is called imagination. One can also stimulate imagination by processing a string of symbolic cues know as alpha characters, arranged into words and words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs and paragraphs into chapters and chapters into books and books into volumes and volumes into libraries and on and on.

When we read, these symbols are fed into a preprocessor and flashed up onto the back side of the CRT.

When we sleep there is also neural activity taking place and the brain has a capacity of crunching slowly along on the most perplexing and worrisome of problems searching within itself for solutions….when we awaken we retain a vestige of these dreams which are soon forgotten…..but are they really? They seem to lie just beneath the surface and if we reacquire the problem it seems much easier to solve having been pre crunched the night before than if we try and do it from a conscious mind cold start.

The point is that there is a front side and a back side to our awareness….The front side takes direct sensory input and flashes it to mind, but it is also possible to use imagination flashing on the back side to accomplish the same thing….

The processor the screen connects to doesn’t know the difference between the front and the back. If you imagine something real hard the processor believes it just as much as if you actually experience it. This is an amazing capability that mankind has, which allows us to avoid a bad thing without having to experience it firsthand. What an advantage that has given humanoids over the other life forms that walk this planet.

Why do you suppose our creator gave us this dual capacity….The answer is because he wanted our life form to endure in an extremely lethal environment…that the life span of men was cut much shorter than intended because of the hostility of his surroundings. That if mankind could anticipate and avoid danger the life form could survive longer and the spirit would not be forever having to move somewhere else

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715353-Tricked-into-Believing