*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715517-Handing-out-Milk-Bones
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#715517 added January 14, 2011 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
Handing out Milk-Bones
Handing out Milk-bones


Let me start tonight with something that has nothing to do with what I intend to blog about. This is a warning not to use the editor on this site any more than absolutely necessary. It is just a matter of time before you spend an hour or more inputting something and it suddenly nudges, flickers, turns blue and everything you have written disappears into the ether. Instead call up your word processor and do all your initial imputing into that and then copy it into the site editor. Now you’ve been warned.

I try and stay attuned to my environment….At the end of the day I try and take a little time and reflect on what has happened. I didn’t always do this and if God, or the Spirit or my wife or kids tried to get in touch with me then I wasn’t always very well attuned and I suspect that 95% of the things that were really important went right over my head.

Today for example….My wife was running around trying to get ready for work….I was hoping she might ….forget that… I wanted to write a chapter in my book….A friend of mine got served divorce papers, and it was a day that started out with the furnace going out, and two flat tires to contend with…and then I had errands to run to deliver some things I had promised.

So I took a deep breath and waited around until my wife quite fluttering around, and headed off to Marshfield. I kissed her goodbye and told her to call if she needed any moral support….for some reason that is important to her….The goodbye kiss and telling her to call and let me know how her day went….Then I packed the two dogs into the car with the plasma cutter and drove into town….At Pfeiffer’s garage I took a look at how my S-10/1946 Studebaker pickup is coming on getting grafted together. One of the female mechanics went out and gave Chloe and Honey a milk-bone…Honey who is a seventy pound Golden Doodle burst through the door and parts to the plasma cutter went flying every which way…in the snow….Then we loaded up the frame for the Studebaker on the trailer and the left rear tire blew and had to be fixed….then we got home and the left front tire on the Ford Ranger was about flat and I went to a closer shop to get that repaired. The owner went over and gave some milk bones to the dogs and we went to the drive in window at McDonalds and I got the dogs each a McDouble and the girl gave them each a milk-bone…

Now I know this is lengthy but if you are paying attention you will see that there is a pattern developing here. Nobody is paying attention to me but three people have taken time from their jobs to give a milk-bone to my dogs. I don’t have time for anything but my agenda, and three strangers are being nice to my dogs. Now is this a message or what….But as I got to thinking there was an even profounder message that came to mind.

My friend got handed a big time crisis….I got handed some chicken poop crisis in a couple of leaky tires….Could it be that if our lives are not filled with a constant set of little distracters that the spirit uses to get our attention that our Muse will get really ticked and hand us a big one….I am so anal and focused that I’m often oblivious to everything else….The ability to focus has allowed me to do some amazing things but ninety-five percent of a lot of other important things have gone right over my head…Some of the bill payers have been expensive and when they flash across the video of my recollection I cringe…. Maybe I ought to start passing out a few milk bones myself.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/715517-Handing-out-Milk-Bones