*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716581-Making-Book
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#716581 added January 26, 2011 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
Making Book


Making Book

I have a machine that cuts perforations in the edge of 8-9 sheets of paper at a time and allows me to bind them with a plastic sleeve. In other words it essentially allows me to bind a manuscript into something similar to a book. I am always amazed when I do the first draft of a novel to see how differently it reads from calling the chapters up one at a time onto the screen
.
The first thing that happens is that there is no five minute pause while you close one file and call up the next. This allows a writer to experience what a reader is going to experience as they effortlessly turn a page. I love to read the stuff I write, and I’m sure this is not a conceit but rather something all writers feel reading their own work. My wife however keeps my feet well grounded. “Just because you like it Percy, doesn’t mean the whole world will. “ Still I would write even if I were the only one that ever read it. This is one of the reasons I bother with this blog.

In a few minutes my wife will be coming in here and telling me it is time to begin watching season two of “Deadwood.” Season one was the damndest thing I ever saw. I couldn’t believe how graphic the sex scenes were…..They weren’t overwhelming like you see in a “Blue Movie” but they were graphic enough to get the picture. Actually I thought they were just the right blend and see the pioneering work of this series becoming the norm in the near future for a legitimate adult, production. The story line is about ten parts narrative and one part sex. Whoever planned the series has been reading my blog. *BigSmile*

Linda says for me to find a place to stop and I guess this is as good a time as any. I would much rather watch Deadwood lying in bed with her than writing this boring blog.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716581-Making-Book