*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716873-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kranes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1746372
The future, Earth is gone, and colonists survie on their own. And Raxus IV is corrupt
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#716873 added January 31, 2011 at 5:21am
Restrictions: None
Introduction
The tale of Gustav

In the distant future, humantity has grown out of the shell called Earth. Spreading across the stars, starting colonies expanding it’s influence across the heavens. They had only been doing that for 25 years then, all contact from Earth was lost. An expedition from the colonies was never heard from again. During that time, a coalition of terriosts, hating being under Earth’s thumb came out of hiding and made many attacks on the colonies. They wanted to fight Earth’s best, they wanted to kill them for the so called crimes on the colonies. Not realizing that Earth was not going to help them.

On the colony planet of Illirya pirates began operations, raiding colonies of everything of value. They captured people, most of whom would e slaves. They fought the coalition of teerriosts or shared their loot with them. It did not matter to them. Then one day neither was heard of.

The space stations placed across the galaxy started to suffer massive interior rust. On a Thursday on the planet Malta, the inhabintants came across a small piece of a destroyed starship. They knew it was the end to any sort of help from Earth.

Because most colonies were set up relativetly soon, they realied on Earth for necesites. Food, clean water, and soliders to protect them from pirates or the coalition. Without them colonies fell into ruins adapting to survie in their new world. Most of the colonies devopled anarchy as their form of government.

But those are other colonies, we are here to see the story of Raxus IV.

That colony was unique, they surrounded by a mighty ocean, the only dry place was an island in compassion the size of the United Kingdom. Though not the same shape, it was roughly the same size. They mined the rich ores under the ocean, it was then used for making starships. Because of its valuable ore, pirates and the coalition often raided the planet for it.

But after awhile they stopped coming too. Nobody knows what happened to them either. So the even with a great pain was off their chest, they still had to deal with the fact that they were on their own now. Many of the colonist left the city to work on the land as farmers. They were stranded on that island as no ships were at that time strong enough to deal with the sea creatures there.

Slowly the population recovered from the pirate raids and coalitions attacks. They were electing council men to serve as a government. But the population boom was short-lived. Soon the land for the small island was used up. A famine occurred and many landless people resorted to steal food. The council then had to be the police force. Electing a dicator for a short period of time, he declared martial law. He ordered that each family could only have one child. The rest were to be put down. This time known as the Great Sacrfice sparked something in citzen. A sadness never to be forgotten. A distant memory that always came back. After the famine was over, Charles Gyth, a farmer and father was cynical over the ruling dicator. How could he have done so much evil so fast he reasoned. He started the relgion of tears. The tears were there to remind people of sacrifices of evil. What they would do to make “peace possible”. Soon after five years, the Tears were the relgion of Raxus IV.

Slowly, the planet grew, the council moved their base to the nearby cliffs. The cliffs were made of a strong rock that never could be dug into or destroyed. They built there houses on top of this. Soon the scientist there were making huge advances in machines. By the 300 years after Earth fell, they had Railroads and small planes. Though the sea was still of limits.

The council was then changed into a monarchy. The kings and Queens came from former council men who wanted to stay in power longer. The peasants didn’t mind because they had one ruler now who had all the power in the world. As small of a world that might be. Under there guidance, techonolgoly boomed. They under stood how planes worked, they developed crude ships to battle the sea monsters down below the ocean. 500 years after Earth was gone they had been able to cirmufgate the globe. The council’s home grew into a sprawling metropolis. The Tears influence grew under there guidance, as the monarchy made it a optional state relgion. There wouldn’t be any other relgions but they could pratice it if they wished.

However, with this much increase in power, there was bound to be rivals.

King Harold of Raxus IV died without naming one of his sons the heir to his throne. Using the immense resources at his disposal, Prince James IX declared war on his brother. The war was long and hard. Both sides determined not to lose anything. Eventually James won as he gained control over the farmlands surrounding the meteropolis. He sentenced his brother to exile perfring not to kill him.

Under James IX, Raxus IV took a very different approach to things. The massive war destroyed many farms, leaving the population in hunger. The city was destroyed from all the altilary firing at each other. But under his care, they city recovered faster, even during that time having a baby boom. But that only led to a famine.

Desperate to unload his citizens, he ordered displaced farmers, poltical enemies, and even some low level prisoners to board a crude spaceship. The idea was that they would die in space or land on the moon. Sadtistic? Yes. But the spaceship landed safetly there and the occupants started a successful colony. The moon, Lugh, had incrediably fertile soil and a breathable atmosphere. After landing, the farmers moved out to farm the land, it produced enough food not just to feed itself, but to send some home to Raxus IV. The famine was over. Soon, better spaceships were needed. They built them larger and sturdier, enough to make a small fleet together.
But with all this food, another population boom occurred. In order to off load even more citizens, they could use Lugh, but the moon was already filling up to the point that there would be another famine there. So they sent them into space. Farther than anybody up to that time traveled. They settled on Kitpler. The winters were longer there, but large amount of prey allowed the colonist to survie.

The small kingdom of Raxus IV had done the impossiable. They colonized worlds that nobody could get to. Terraforming became possible and soon, they established a foothold outside of their own solar system. The Tears grew in power, The church of sadness grew as well, sending missionarys across the stars.

But it was Lokinu that they realized the true impossible. An evil was on the planet, the Fraser as he was known as controlled everything around him through some sort of plant or root. When Raxus IV found this world, the Frazer declared war on them. He used everything to his advantage. The plants, the water, even the air. The fighting was fierce, soliders gave their lives against the crying zombies of Lokinu. When they got close to their objective they fought the roots and trees. Whenever they needed water, it would turn into poison at their mouths It took 11 years to finally bring peace to the bewildered world.

The people there thanked them so much. They were free of an evil from the end of Earth. Being as noble as possible, they allowed the civilaztion of Lokinu to grow, using it instead as a trading base.

But not all planets were as lucky. Many planets were bombed into submission by them or became allies as the case was. In 200 years, the Raxus IV empire was at its height. It kept putting down riots here and their and made alliances as the case was. But not every world was happy with this arrangement.
© Copyright 2011 Kranes (UN: hording at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kranes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/716873-Introduction