*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717286-Things-To-Pass-The-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#717286 added February 8, 2011 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Things To Pass The Time
"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most." ~ Mark Twain
Currently listening to: "I Can See Your Tracks" - Laura Veirs
Currently reading: "Indulgence in Death" - J.D. Robb


Out of everything that has happened over the past week, I've been trying to keep my mind from going to those dark places. You know, those places where there's nothing but the deepest, most abysmal thoughts of circumstances that are completely out of your control. I've been there a few times...not a place you want to stick around in. So, in cases such as this I turn to things that entirely unnecessary except for the entertaining/hilarity factor. Here are a few places that I visit on this wide web of internet to help pass the time.

*Vignette5*


I found this website a couple of years back, courtesy of my doctor father. This forum is a place for doctors to complain about unruly patients with insane medical conditions. We're talking about sticking things in places where things should not be placed. We're talking about behavior one would think would be common sense not to do, but they do it anyway because common sense is not something in their vocabulary. Having grown up with such stories told at the dinner table (FYI - intestinal parasites on spaghetti night is not a good idea) it is somehow comforting to hear doctors and nurses bitch.



*Vignette5*


Next is a video game trailer that makes me giddy. I got this from an Ireland trip friend on Facebook. If you knew in person, you would understand why this is such a hilarious video. I'm a very literal person. There are stories, which I won't torture you with, but I take to a level that's a little scary. Anywhoozle, the video below is a literal translation of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Never played the game. Not sure I want to now that I have these audio memories to go along with it. It has spawned two catch-phrases I try to use on a regular basis. I've passed it along to friends across the country and into Canada. It'll go global. World domination is in my sights.




*Vignette5*


Another site I like to visit on a regular basis is a place called Overthinking It. This is a time-suck website where you can get lost in things like "The Neuroscience of Consciousness in Battlestar: Galactica" or "Why Pillars of the Earth should have been a medieval The Wire, and wasn't". Where, at one time, you thought you were only one thinking about these things, now there is a place where other like-minded people have lengthy conversations about why something doesn't live up to its potential, or the awesomeness of something that hasn't reached the mainstream, or how something that might, just might, have a latent underlining of racism/sexism/elitism/something-ism and here are forty-one reasons why someone else thinks this. It's geeky, kooky, and slightly out there. Love it, love it, love it.


*Vignette5*


Where do you go to get lost on the net? Is there a place out there that you find funky but can't live without? Please, come and share. *Smile*

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717286-Things-To-Pass-The-Time