*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717999-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#717999 added February 17, 2011 at 9:14am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Reach 300 students by 12/31/11:
*Writing* I am waiting to hear back on a pending interview with a music instructor who has a music education degree and specializes in strings. Her specialty is apparently Irish fiddling, which, if we hire her, will be fun at our St. Patty's Day Party and Irish Festival next month. We also stumbled across a potential drama instructor quite by accident while enrolling him in upright bass lessons. I've been teaching the two drama classes since our drama/drum instructor left us a couple weeks ago. I found a new drum instructor quickly enough, but drama has been a bit of a back-burner problem. Initial impressions of this instructor are good.

Customized database by 12/31/11: Design web page interface for potential form.
*Pencil* Pending and pressing. But I'm too busy tracking down three new pianos, hanging mirrors and soundproofing, designing renovations, fighting off advertising salespeople, and teaching drama classes to actually work on it.

Potbelly: : Add one repertoire song per week
*Check* I launched "The Only Exception" by Paramore at the request of WildThing~Becoming , and was promptly informed by our office manager, Chris, how much the song annoys her. *Pthb* I kinda like it.

Messiah: One noteworthy accomplishment per month:
*Writing* Good Friday: Pending. New song "Our God": Pending. Singer rotation: Implemented and, hallelujah, a managed by a volunteer who saw the need and stepped forward. Audio System: just pending reimbursement for some of the gear. We got colossal kudos for the sound Sunday.

Reading: One book per week.
*Writing* 80%, but seriously: I would have been done three weeks ago if the verbose author had chosen to write sentences like, "But like it or not, I had to trust my eyes," instead of, "But whatever might have been my wish, I was compelled to yield to the weight of ocular demonstration." *Pthb* Show off. I bet contemporaries hated talking to that dude. On a related note, Jules Verne breaks all the modern comma usage rules, which makes me wonder if he was an idiot, or if the rules were put in place after his time because of the potential ambiguity caused by writings like his. Interestingly, I understand every word of his books. He commas where a speaker would breathe, and though it strikes me that a particular phrase might be ambiguous as a result of his usage, it's really not. I know exactly what he means. It makes me wonder if grammar and usage rules are inventions meant to clarify the stupid. The purpose of language is to communicate, and if a speaker's or writer's intent is clearly communicated without following rules and conventions, then really, who the hell cares? It's a new paradigm for me.

If Seisa-sleepingcatbooks.com reads this, I'm sure she will cringe. And probably comment. Specifically about how that was an incomplete sentence. And how that one was too. And how three of the (incomplete) sentences in this paragraph begin with conjunctions. *Smirk*

Writing: Goals TBD:
(1) *Check* Blog at WDC daily.
(2) *Thumbsdown* Blog at MT.com   weekly: No.

Count points: TOTAL POINTS YESTERDAY: 44
Coffee (1)
Egg (2) with toast (2)
Sticky bun (3)
Crackers (8)
String cheese (1)
Jelly donut (6)
Olive garden: Two plates of salad (12), two bowls of soup (6), and a breadstick (3).

So much for salad being healthy. Good thing I decided to take home the 850-calorie, 47-fatgrams serving of lasagna after I filled up on soup and salad. I'll leave that for the boy. That one plate of pasta is worse than a jumbo margarita.

© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/717999-Thursday