*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718510-Flat-Humor
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#718510 added February 24, 2011 at 12:57am
Restrictions: None
Flat Humor
Flat Humor

Well I am getting along on my Lesson Plans for the Playwriting course at New Horizons. It will be a synthesis of a traditional academically structured class and role playing. The students will not be students but rather serial novel writers between assignments and I will be the editor of a publishing house who has landed a contract to write Twenty-Two One Act Plays for sale to high school drama departments. It will be an immersion course like a workshop where a General Outline is expanded into a comprehensive one and the students write a one act play

I am also taking a course and I need to get on that tomorrow and do my assignment. I don’t want to be late or turn in some half baked submission.

Already I have the quickie submission done and posted…."Stranger in a Strange Place (GC) I like it but it won’t do well because it doesn’t really excite as the sole criteria of the contest requires. It uses a sensual (erotic) component to provide a submerged level of dialogue and action that is happening concurrently with the superficial action. It is experimental like submerged dialog….where there is a proxy issue used where the real issue is too painful to discuss. It happens all the time in life but when you see it in writing it represents a level of sophistication worth noting.

Sometimes my sense of humor gets me in trouble….A few years ago Larson had a cartoon of two gorillas, a male and a female….and the female finds a blond hair on the malte and becomes indignant telling him angrily…"I see you’ve been with that Godall woman again…" .It made me chuckle because his humor appeals to me but the executive secretary of Jane Goodall, the famous anthropologist, took umbrage and threatened to sue….When Jane found out she stopped the action and invited Larson to Africa to see her gorillas. AT WDC sometimes my humor is not appreciated and I have to be careful what I say because I don’t want to spoil anyone’s day when I only want to lighten things up. I retracted one of my blogs (deleted it) thinking something I saw as complimentary and funny might have been misconstrued. Fortunately nobody reads my stuff and I shouldn’t worry. But I do.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718510-Flat-Humor