*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718515-More-Shock-Horror
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#718515 added February 26, 2011 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
More Shock Horror
Without sounding overly dramatic or going into detail, I had another day from hell yesterday.

My Dad had to be rescued from his house which was on fire. There are problems with my son and his wife we have yet to get to the root of.

Dad is in hospital awaiting assessment from the burns unit. I don't think he's in any serious danger but as far as I'm concerned this is the end of the line and he will need to go into care when he is finally discharged.

He could not return to his house anyway as it will need an awful lot of work doing on it before it's habitable. I can't go inside it as yet as it's under investigation and it would be too upsetting for me.

We have to see our son and family at the weekend to discuss their problems and see what can be done.

So, I'm sure you'll understand why I won't be around to read, write or comment as frequently as usual.

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/718515-More-Shock-Horror