*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719116-Etsy---Internet-Shopping-Crack
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1523686
Nothing like a fortune cookie to make a year intriguing.
#719116 added March 20, 2011 at 7:38pm
Restrictions: None
Etsy - Internet Shopping Crack
"Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though its breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
" - Charlie Chaplin
Currently listening to: "Smile" - Nat King Cole
Currently reading: "The Invisible Sex" - J.M. Adovasio



While looking for rain boots this past weekend in preparation for my coming travels, I stumbled across a website by the name of Etsy - a place where people sell vintage and homemade crafts. Between some beautifully hand sewn dresses and colorful knitted scarves and cool collages that are also tables, I looked up at the clock to see I had lost three hours and had yet to actually find a pair of boots. I warn you now: this is a type of internet shopping crack.

It really can't be helped. The place is awesome. If you're looking for something fun, whimsical, and serves absolutely no purpose but the make you smile. Go to Etsy. If you're looking for some large print photography to fill that empty space on your wall but don't know how to take a picture to save your life. Go to Etsy. If you really want a pair of lounge pants for all that time you stay at home and surf the net and your sweat pants now have big holes in them and need to be replaced with something a bit more stylish like Thai Fisherman Pants. Go to Etsy. If you are a complete geek and need a place to surf and procrastinate. Go to Etsy.

As I have no money but to for college texts and pencils and airplane tickets to go visit other schools that will take more of my money later on, I can only window shop at Etsy. Everything is great, lovely really, and I have no money to spend on it. I can only dream and spend hours of time that should be spent of fixing my Archaeology assignment pining away. For example, there is an "Alice in Wonderland" inspired watch that I would love to splurge on...except I don't wear watches because I have a tendency to lose them. It's lovely, it has a slightly antique feel to it, and it actually serves a purpose where the small puppet sock animal I found browsing and immediately fell in love with does not.

Etsy is amazingly cracktastic. I urge you to go and check it out for yourself as I don't want to be the only loser internet window shopper out there.

© Copyright 2011 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719116-Etsy---Internet-Shopping-Crack