*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719371-I-dont-know-why-I-get-out-of-bed
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Julie
Rated: · Book · Experience · #1741118
I challenged myself to 250 words a day, we'll see how that turns out. . .
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#719371 added March 8, 2011 at 2:44am
Restrictions: None
I don't know why I get out of bed
Well I  meant to document every day of the liquid diet, but its monday and I ate solid food here at the end again--so technically I made it 6.5 days.  I spent all of Friday Saturday and Sunday either in bed or in the bathroom so I don't know what to think of them.  They weren't good and really I think I'll spare you the nasty bathroom details.  It was a very exhausting and painful and just plain yucky three days and I stuck to the stupid diet anyway because I kept thinking things would get better and they didn't.  I'm sure the doctor will blame too much dairy or too much sugar--even though almost everything I ate was sugar free--but there you have it.  Week one, NOT a success.  Week two I'm adding in solid food, but still sugar free.  And not as much solid food I don't think.  There's something to be said for the yougurt smoothie in the morning.  Mornings were definitely the best parts of the day as far as the stomach goes, so now I just have to figure out how to get some things done while the kids are gone.  I think that may be a mental hurdle as much as a physical one, but we'll see. 


I was supposed to see the dietician today to talk about what to eat but it turns out that medicare doesn't cover the dietician so odds are I won't go see them.  Been doing some of my own research--of course--and found the FODMAP approach from Australia.  Apparently GI doctors down under have been prescribing a "Low FODMAP" diet for IBS, various intolerances, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc. for years.  Sooooo, even though I probably should have a dietician, I bought a book on it for my Kindle, book marked some websites, and we'll give it a try.


I did at least let the GI nurse know about my new thyroid, diabetes information from Sheri today.  She'll probably just think I'm crazy now too, but still, I at least let someone know and let someone know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing as far as the diet thing.  So either the diet will work and I'll get better and go on with my life and get a job--yay me!-- or this stomach thing thing will come back full force again and kill me off this time. I will have done my part to at least try and stop it: I got my history, I followed the doctors orders, I at least asked for bloodwork, I quit smoking, I made an attempt at SOME exercise (yay Tai CHi) and I kept track of symptoms even when my brain got foggy and it was hard to remember.  But I'm scared this time, I do NOT have it in me to do this again, I'd forgotten how miserable it was, and I'm starting to just detach already, I'm not even trying to participate, I'm just quitting.  I just want to curl up and be done with EVERYTHING, rather than go through all that again.  But I will try this one last approach at a diet plan even though I am currently miserable and exhausted, because maybe someone will FINALLY figure it out.

© Copyright 2011 Julie (UN: julie42a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Julie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719371-I-dont-know-why-I-get-out-of-bed