*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719524-Thursday-March-10-2011-629am
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#719524 added March 10, 2011 at 7:40am
Restrictions: None
Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:29am
Thursday, March 10, 2011, 6:29am

         I just love it when I am near the end of a blog entry and the computer, upon finishing updates, decides to reboot!

         Smells have been bothering me.  We're under construction at the office tower where I work, and yesterday there was a pervasive fusel oil type smell---so strong, my nose was bothering me and the back of my throat was burning.  Not good.  We get a reduction in rent for staying during renovations, but I am wondering if it's worth the health risk.  Really, I did not want to be there yesterday --- big distraction.

         We are getting a new computerized dictation system.  Nice.  I have one here at home that I bo't a few years back so that I could work from home ---- which never panned out by the way.  So, I'm not afraid...  actually like the idea.

         We had tornadoes sweeping through here yesterday morning.  Scary.  The view from the office tower was amazing --- dark and forboding almost all the way down to the horizon, where there was a distinct division of white and black, with a line going all the way around the bottom like a stripe.  The rumbling thunder made it even more cool.  Glad we were safe.

         Then on the way home... minding my own business, this guy drives up beside me and gives me the "big middle finger," with an angry snarl on his big mean face.  I'm like, What the heck?  Guess I shouldn't have tossed that apple core overboard... that's the only thing I could think of.  Didn't have anything to eat all day; so, I ate my apple on the way home and tossed the core. 

© Copyright 2011 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719524-Thursday-March-10-2011-629am