*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719761-Septolet-Week-11
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1738719
Links to examples from 28 different forms of poetry - Poetic Explorations Forum 2011
#719761 added March 15, 2011 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Septolet-Week 11
An example of a septolet

 Defending Weeds -Week 11 (Septolet)  (E)
A married couple have two opinions of "weed"-For Poetic Exploration Week 11
#1759738 by SWPoet


14 words arranged in seven lines with a space after the 3rd or 4th line.

See below for lesson in Poetic Exploration:

Lesson 11


The Septolet is a poem consisting of seven lines containing fourteen words with a break in between the two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.

From: http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wip/septolet.html

Poetic Forms—The Septolet by Jack Huber

Like the musette, the septolet also has its roots in music. A "septulet" is a group of seven notes played in a certain way. From this a septolet has evolved to become a seven-line poem consisting of exactly fourteen words, constructed with two stanzas of three and four lines, in either order.

Like haiku, musettes, tanka, and other short forms, being poignant is ideal, rather than just clever. But the septolet's two stanzas have another purpose, telling or describing two aspects of the same subject or scene, each reinforcing the other. Though the second stanza should not be a continuation of the first, it should still add to the reader's understanding of the subject at hand. With such short lines, there is no meter. The title is at the poet's discretion.

© Copyright 2011 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/719761-Septolet-Week-11