*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720336-Inside-a-Fishbowl-Flash-Fiction
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#720336 added March 23, 2011 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Inside a Fishbowl (Flash Fiction)
The Challenge:

Write a flash fiction story (in any format) in 100 words or less, excluding the title. Begin the story with the words, “The goldfish bowl teetered” These four words will be included in the word count.




Inside a Fishbowl



The goldfish bowl teetered on the table’s edge. Marilyn jerked back her finger, leaving another greasy fingerprint. Inside, tiny swells crashed, sloshed backward. Marilyn glared at the fish. It hovered, serene, unaffected by the waves she caused or by her unwavering vigilance. She scowled and jabbed the bowl again. Too hard.

The bowl plunged from its perch. Shards of wet glass splattered across white, sterile tile. The goldfish floundered, gills gaping and yawning, sucking useless air. Marilyn’s mouth twitched. Balancing, she stomped, ground her heel. Lab coat-clad men scribbled on clipboards on the other side of the plate glass windows.


(100 words)


Thanks for reading!




My Spring Siggy


*Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1**Note2**Note3**Note4**Note5**Note1*


*Star* To Follow Me On Twitter Click HERE!  

And Follow My Blog "One Significant Moment At A Time," by Clicking Here!   *Star*



© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720336-Inside-a-Fishbowl-Flash-Fiction