*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720919-First-Time-Editing-a-WDC-Newsletter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#720919 added March 30, 2011 at 9:08am
Restrictions: None
First Time Editing a WDC Newsletter!
My stomach is in knots. I'm so surprised at my reaction! I've written articles before, even several newsletters for "Invalid Item which have become the official "unofficial WDC reviewing newsletter." But today the first newsletter I edited as a moderator -- the Action/Adventure newsletter -- came out. Yikes! I'm a mess *Laugh*

So, what's my problem, you ask? Why the knots? Here's the thing: I worry that the topic is boring; that the article is too long; that readers will lose interest by the second paragraph and move on; that I've made grammatical errors that flush my credibility down the can; that my "voice" is irritating and pompous; that...that...(I could go on. Seriously. I could... *Bigsmile*)

I know it's silly to indulge in these self-doubts; a rational voice in my head has been scolding me for a while now. I should listen to her, right? Quit spinning my wheels? Cha-ah! Easy for you to say!

If you happen across this post and don't subscribe to the Action/Adventure newsletter, here's a copy:



I have to say, though, I've really appreciated editing the newsletter. It made me think, contemplate what I've learned, and put me in a teaching role that I really enjoy. I took on a second issue, due out on April 27th. I will include in that edition any feedback and submitted items readers put in comments this time around. Feel free to include yours! *Smile*...*Worry*...*Bigsmile*

Have a fab day!
~ *Peace* out ~


© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/720919-First-Time-Editing-a-WDC-Newsletter