*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721000-Ranting-and-Raving
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#721000 added March 30, 2011 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
Ranting and Raving
Ranting and Raving

For a long time I felt like my blog was a private journal….I mean nobody ever commented and the views on my blog are hard to interpret and one day all kind of squirrely things started happening and it’s never been the same since… Not that I’m complaining mind you…I don’t care if anybody reads it but I’m always glad when someone drops by for a gander.

I have been working on my New Horizon’s stuff and that seems like a never ending task plus I try and keep up with my short story writing.
Last night I was out in the shop and I elbowed this piece of wood I had holding up the hood and it dropped on my head….ouch! My dad always said I was hardheaded and he knew what he was talking about…

My wife just came in and asked me if I wanted a cup of coffey….do I have it made or what….Today we took a walk….It was still in the forties but no wind and even with all the snow and ice it was evident that spring was in the air…The Robins are back…

I am amazed that there are half a dozen supermarkets in the area that carry meats but only one that offers real quality… This one little grocery store only sells Black Angus Beef and it is simply delicious…I don’t know where these other places get their beef but it tastes like road kill or dairy cows that came to the end of their service lives.

Another deficiency is good places to eat out….I guess this is Northern European country these Germans, Polish and Slavs will eat anything as long as there is plenty of it… The obesity up here along with the drugs and alcohol is a national embarrassment. How do people allow themselves to weigh four to five hundred lbs? My wife is a nurse and they need a crane to hoist thises people into the beds (Hoyer Lift)

I like food, don’t get me wrong but I like it to taste good and the portions to be small. Then settle back for some good conversation and not roll out of the seat half in the bag… That’s why we like to eat at home… We can get a good cut of meat, I can cook it right on the grill Linda can whip up some vegetables…

I can tell this blog is really going to catch fire… but you know excelling in life just isn’t that hard….If you’re willing to work, have a sense for quality and can provide it in a product you don’t need to have the government take care of you. The excess is killing this nation….government, booze, drugs, sex…what ever happened to the old Greek adage…nothing in excess…not that those Greeks ever subscribed to that notion… at least they understood what it meant. I better quit while I’m ahead… before everyone realizes I’m much more jaded than they ever imagined.






© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721000-Ranting-and-Raving