*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721199-Where-Did-That-Week-Go
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#721199 added April 1, 2011 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Where Did That Week Go?
The rate at which the weeks pass is quite alarming, making me want to press the pause button on life, or preferably rewind.

The walk last Saturday was very, very long and quite hilly in parts, but I obviously survived it as here I am almost a week later, though no thinner as far as I can tell. Could be something to do with the meal and real cider after the event. I've never tried real cider before, but have to say it reaches parts ordinary scrumpy can't and am now a fan.

My three days staying with sis disappeared far too quickly, but did result in her making necessary alterations to my QM2 gowns (bargains on ebay) and acquiring another from a charity shop in her local town. I may be travelling in style, but will be dressing frugally as funds are low and the dresses will spend the rest of the year in a drawer afterwards.

It was an enjoyable stay, involving a lot of laughs, a few tears, late nights and too many calories, particularly of the liquid variety. *Blush* We should do it more often, but life gets in the way. Since I arrived back home I've done little apart from form filling, phone calls, sorting finances and visiting my Dad. I've found the clearance of his house particularly painful, but things are just things at the end of the day and I have too many of my own already, without adding more to my collection.

It's all so very sad seeing the end of an era and the things my Mum bought, made and loved disappearing from the face of the earth. Particularly poignant as spring arrives, which was always her favourite season. But with the clocks going forward last weekend it's a time of year I've come to dislike intensely. There's something very uncomfortable about light nights and dull, cold weather. I'd rather close the curtains and forget it.

My Mum is in my thoughts too as this Sunday is Mother's Day here and I still miss her so much. I've already received my Mothering Sunday gift. The care of the grandmonsters for the whole weekend. Gee, thanks. I may have survived a twelve mile hike last weekend, but I'm not sure I'll recover from this one unscathed. Enjoy yours

© Copyright 2011 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721199-Where-Did-That-Week-Go