*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721301-Mostly-home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#721301 added April 2, 2011 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
Mostly home.
Did you all hear about the fuel tank explosion at the Miami airport a week or two ago? So now, instead of taking the planes over to the fuel tanks to refuel, they're trucking it to the gates. You can never get a straight story, but apparently, our truck broke down, so we sat on the plane in Miami for two hours waiting for fuel. Naturally, we missed our connection, so here we are, a day later, at the Airport Days Inn in Sunny Atlanta, waiting for our replacement flight. Delta may have redeemed themselves when they bought me a margarita last night. And, luckily, it was on the way home from vacation, and not on the way to vacation... and I just checked Weather.com and discovered that we're currently missing a rain/snow mix on a balmy 49-degree day in Ohio. Damn you, Delta.

The good news is, the vacation was great! We got motion sickness on the boat and got ripped off by at least one Mexican. *Thumbsup*

(The motion sickness just one morning when the ride was really choppy - on the way past Cuba, not sure if that's related to the bad sea conditions, with that Castro clan anti-American voodoo stuff.)

(Oops, I forgot, we're supposed to be working toward a "New Beginning" with Cuba. Sorry, Mr. President.)

I wore dresses three days. Out of four. Did I mention I wore dresses on vacation? I also got a pedicure and an eyebrow wax. *Shock* Keith is digging the girlie stuff. He got so into it that even helped me haggle over some red jasper set in silver and a pair of sapphires. Yay dresses, pedi's, and eyebrow waxes!

We snorkeled in Cozumel. I thought we would just see fishies and coral, but I was surprised! There are ancient Mayan ruins under the water!!!! Not, like, whole temples and stuff, but a couple statues. Wayyyyy cool.

We also talked to one of the cruise musicians pretty extensively. He let me play a couple songs during his break, then we chatted about the school. He is very interested in some mentoring about getting into the music ed business. Apparently, he's 3.5 months into his 6-month contract on the Imagination and tired of being there.

Wait, do I have some, like, goals or something? I'm still on vacation. I may stay on vacation for another month or two.


© Copyright 2011 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721301-Mostly-home