*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721855-Day-in-the-Life-of-a-Grump
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#721855 added April 8, 2011 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Day in the Life of a Grump
Day in the Life of a Grump

Today was the first day of registration at New Horizons Academy. I actually got a real live student sign up. I have a friend who said he was interested and I expect to see his name pop up in the next couple of days. That would give me a least two and that is enough to test-drive the course….actually one would be enough if he sees the course through to completion.

While I was developing it I took it….at least as far as writing the first draft play. It was like getting one of my old trucks up and running….When you turn the key and it comes to life that is a high… So was seeing the name of someone actually interested in taking it.

Today I began work on getting my equipment out the shed that collapsed under the snow load two years ago. I know its taken me a long time but this week it was nice (for Wisconsin) and I got the two trucks and two log loaders out. I thought they were what was still holding a portion of the roof up and expected the whole thing to collapse when I got everything out. Surprise, surprise….the back half is still standing….not that I would recommend anyone going in there.

This afternoon I worked on my ‘Stude” and reattached the front fender and took it for a test drive. When I work on something I put it back together before moving on to something else. That way there is always a truck sitting there and not a pile of parts scattered hither, tither and ‘yon.

When I got back inside I had a call from the town clerk….We had a close election for 1st Supervisor and the incumbent lost by two (2) votes. He is demanding a recount….I think he got the idea from what is going on in Madison….where by the way the pendulum swung back yesterday in favor of the Republican…. It isn’t over ‘til its over….or something like that. Anyway I have to go in tomorrow and do a recount….Is that dumb or what….we have an electronic voting machine. After closing the polls it does all the number crunching and prints out the report. On the machine the two candidates had exactly 50 votes each.

There were however seven paper ballots and seven absentee ballots…I think it was seven, maybe it was six. If a person refuses to use the machine they can insist on a paper ballot. So after closing we opened the paper ballot box and the absentee ballots and that decided the election. I wonder what the process for the recount will be…..I guess we will read the 14 out loud and that will constitute it…. Glad it didn’t end in a tie…

My daughter wants me to buy some property in Georgia. Move down there…I hope my wife doesn’t get on that kick…I like it on the old family farm…I can be an old grump and nobody seems to mind. Down South you have to try too hard to be polite.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721855-Day-in-the-Life-of-a-Grump