*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721914-On-a-Good-Day-for-no-Reason
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#721914 added April 9, 2011 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
On a Good Day for no Reason
On a Good Day for no Reason.

When a human being takes an action it's like planting a seed. This is particularly evidenced when children are watching and pick up on what the adults do but it certainly isn’t restricted to children.

It’s like a butterfly flapping its wings in Kansas, affecting the weather in China. I believe that….that everything that people do is constantly being reconciled and brought into harmony by nature… ; That we are instruments of God’s creation that uses life to effect change. That as long as there is life there will be God….. He/She will remain immortal as long as there are living things that scurry about the Universe.

In recent history we have learned a lot about physical things but the spirit has lagged woefully behind…we are no further along today than we were in biblical times in our understanding of the spirit. It almost seems like the bible was written to try and explain in terms we would understand the unexplainable… Like “In the beginning was the word.” Or “make a joyful noise onto the Lord.” or “….enter into his presence with singing….into his court with praise…” Sorry I am not a biblical scholar and I am sure there are many more that a serious student of the “Word” could call readily to mind. Now what we are discussing here is “resonance”, vibrations, sound and it would appear to me that a scientific search for God would begin with an exploration of sound. From sounds we get language, rhythm, pitch, duration, and music. If we are serious about getting a handle on the spirit I would definitely start with the study of sound.

Because I was never a tier one intellect and at best a tier two I realized early on that all wisdom was not reposed in a single mind and certainly not mine. I discovered in the Military the importance of networking and this is accomplished largely through sight and sound.

Sight is used to display the physical world both realistically and abstractly, i.e. imagery and symbols. Symbols include numbers, graphs, and models and letters that form words. Sounds are used in language we use to amplify the visual imagery which grows in importance as the premier sense that human beings choose to exercise. I would call it the sense of science and we have really made great headway with that. The resonance or the sound however is the sense of the spirit….I know! I know! I am starting to bore you again….where is all this leading you cry out in agonized frustration?

It’s looping back onto that age old discussion here at WDC….the difference between poetry and prose…the difference between the “Word” and the “Light” the difference between the tangible and the intangible.

If you read the comments to my blog you will note that a poet named Karen frequently responds and along with Legerdemain jerks my chain and gets me spinning off in all sorts of tangents. I can only think up so many blogs from the resources of my pea brain and rely on networking from those around me. The inputs are in the form of symbols that form words that get fed into my bio processor from a living human mind as opposed to coming from my own or some muse who happens to be cruising the area. This allows me to use two minds instead of one to spin up and as much as people malign “Management by Committee” I think networking is a very power means of multiplying the power of human mind.

Karen sent me a poem today…I have read others at her port and in her blog and they resonate with me. In my last blog the word "reason" got her spun up and she wrote a poem….

This was my response to the comment she provided.

For some reason I see drama as the marriage of poetry and prose. In the monologues I see the poetry as most evident and in Musicals we see these monologues spring to song. When that author friend of mine asked me what" resonance" was I felt bad for her. Then I saw the germ of it in her writing.....another friend told her to take a poetry course and she declined seeing it as matter somewhat down on the priority scale.

Maybe one semester we should think about adapting the one act play course into a Musical course and we can teach poetry using the monologues, turning them to song and maybe a form of RAP. I thought about doing this but felt it was reaching for that proverbial “French fry" I write about. .Drama under Shakespeare brought poetry into harmony with prose and showed the power of what the two can accomplish together. Anyway reading your poem inspired this one which is more aimed at evolving into a monologue.

On a Good Day for No Reason

Everything and nothing
resonating in my mind
unfiltered rememberings
of a good and pleasant kind.

So often it's the trouble
and the torment of the past
which muddles up my thinking
and contrives to last and last.

But today on this good day,
for no reason I can see
contented feelings flutter
in the soul inside of me.

On a Good day for no Reason

Today I went out to the truck feeling good.
I turned the key and the engine sprang to life.
It had a nice rumble that got me to thinking good thoughts;
Not the gut wrenching stuff my nightmares are made of.

I always try to be a decent fellow but don’t always succeed.
Haunted by insensitive words and acts of spite
I often flash back and stiffen with dread…wincing!
“I hate it when you do that!” my wife says.
But today was not one of those days.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/721914-On-a-Good-Day-for-no-Reason