*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722004-I-is-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#722004 added April 11, 2011 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
'I' is for...?
Today, guess which emotion/feeling/state of mind that begins with the letter 'I' that I've depicted today in the short fictional passage below. (And, can you tell my inspiration was running low? *Laugh*)


Here goes:


The writer stared at her computer screen. The cursor blinked, accusingly, next to the one character she’d managed to type. ‘I’. She sighed, her mind wandering to her to-do list, which was short today. She forced her attention back. ‘I’. What a silly prompt. It’s a letter yet a word all by itself. Big deal. She lifted her fingers off the keyboard, examined a bit of polish chipped off one nail, then lay them back into the grooves of ‘a’, ‘s’, ‘d’, ‘f’, ‘j’, ‘k’, ‘l’, and semi-colon. ‘I’. What could she say about ‘I’. She had no opinion, one way or another. The only thing she cared about what getting something, anything, written down.


Any guesses?


Thanks for reading!

© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722004-I-is-for