*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722436-Intention
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1768526
A book about my journey through depression
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#722436 added April 17, 2011 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Intention
I have wanted to write a book for a while now, but I have been procrastinating. I think I have been afraid that it will be awful. I have come to the realization that I will never know how good or bad it will be if I never write it. So I have made a commitment to start working on it. I am counting on the reviewers here to be honest, and encouragingwhen possible - about my efforts.


The following is something I have written to serve as a reminder of what the focus is for the book. It may be something that I choose to include when the book is completed.


Feel free to review, critique, and offer any suggestions you deem appropriate. From start to finish, I want any, and all of my efforts towards this book to be the best I can possibly make them.






In this book you will go on a journey with me. It will be a difficult journey, fraught with shattered dreams, sad dark days, tears, and death. It is a journey filled with hope, and healing. It is a journey through my life.


Painful relationships are a part of this journey. One of the most painful relationships is with my mother. For too many years, she and I were not healthy together. We caused each other a great deal of pain. For me, some of the pain began as a child. After many long years, she and I came to a place in our lives where we wanted to heal things between us, and we did.


There will be times when this journey follows some difficult pathways with regards to my mother. You will be a witness to the hard feelings I had about her, and there will be times when neither one of us will be shown in a good light. What needs to stay in the forefront of your mind is I no longer have the feelings, and thoughts I had then, and my mother is not the same person she used to be. She is a beautiful, kind, generous, and loving person. She gives all the credit for her transformation to God.


What I want you to remember most of all, is I did not include you on this journey for the sole purpose of recounting all the bad things in my life. You were included so you could see the hope that is in everything and in every life. It does not matter how long someone lives in darkness, there’s always hope. That hope can lead us to the light.


© Copyright 2011 Melissa L Shell (UN: melissalshell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Melissa L Shell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722436-Intention