*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722455-The-winner-takes-it-all-Jan-26
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #1768582
My contest entries for Legerdemain's 15 for 15, fiction and poetry.
#722455 added April 17, 2011 at 5:29am
Restrictions: None
The winner takes it all: (Jan 26)
The winner takes it all

When Chuck Finley developed his poker playing skills, he had no idea that he would be the winner at the famous Monte Carlo Millions. It was a wonderful night in the mountain kingdom, the night he won the pot.

He went to the Casino to have some poker fun. One point that helped him win was, his thoroughness in approximating odds. When he got the First place in Monte Carlo Millions, he was mobbed by the crowd cheering him. No wonder.

He was photographed showing off his gold bracelet, and got ready for the interview. People noticed especially the women poker experts, that Chuck had induced bluff and did some value betting.

He learned the game from his grandfather, he told the interviewer. By the time he was into his teens, he was clearing tables with elders. His outward calm, professionalism, and strategic aggressiveness served him well over the years.

“How did you develop your game?” asked a young enthusiast.
“ I was keen on learning the basics of starting hands, position, reading the board and pot odds. I concentrated on mathematically analyzing hands, away from the table. If I came across a hand, I thought interesting, I made a note of it, and studied it later.

“ What are your future plans?”

“ I would like to explore Ruby Poker. I was thrilled at its multi-faceted value, and go further afield in developing it
© Copyright 2011 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722455-The-winner-takes-it-all-Jan-26