*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722540-Tweens
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#722540 added April 18, 2011 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
Tweens.
The 9-year-old turned 10 yesterday. Today, she proceeded to sleep in late, mope about her leotard going through the dryer, crab about the breakfast selection in the house, and almost miss the bus and she went in circles around the kitchen looking for something that obviously wasn't there. Someone needs to explain to this child that she is now a TWEEN, not a TEEN. She's three years early. *Pthb*

Interestingly, it was around the middle of the month last month when she had her last meltdown.

Just sayin'.

Reach 300 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11:
*Writing* We hired one new full-time teacher, one part-time teacher, and prepared a Revision 5 to our renovation plan, which adds three lesson rooms instead of two. We also bought a piano last week. So we're optimistic, though enrollments have plateaued, because new enrollments are balanced with withdrawals for spring sports and summers out of town right now.

Compile book inventory:
*Pencil* No activity.

Pick scheduling database by 7/31/11:
*Writing* No activity.

Reading: One book per week.
*Writing* Eh. I did a little quick math. When the book stays at 55% for four pages, that implies that the book is approximately 400 pages long. Gah. I just don't care about Captain Nemo's latitudinal and longitudinal positions, their WNW-erly direction, or the names of the multitude of flora and fauna in the ocean at that particular place on earth. The fight with the shark? Now, that was cool. The captain's secret activities? Mildly interesting, but not nearly as suspenseful as I think Verne hoped.

Writing:
(1) *Check* Blog at WDC daily: Yes.
(2) *Thumbsdown* Blog at MT.com   by the end of Wednesday: No.
(3) *Thumbsdown* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: No.

Count points:
Today: 1
(1) Coffee

Yesterday and Saturday: a bunch. I had pizza, ice cream cake (which, from Dairy Queen, is more like ice cream shaped like a cake - disappointing), a cheeseburger, chips, blueberry muffin, and other 9/10-year-old food. Monday! We start again!

© Copyright 2011 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722540-Tweens