*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722602-Grannys-mailsofia-makes-her-grandma-learn-computer
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #1769138
Some contest entries for Daily Flash Fiction.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#722602 added April 19, 2011 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
Granny's mail:sofia makes her grandma learn computer.
Granny’s mail

Sofia was three, when she started getting fed with tiny bits of computer knowledge. Her Dad and Mom worked at the university.

Dad looked after the baby in the early morning. Both would settle before the computer, Sofia perched on her dad’s lap looking at the clicking keyboard and the letters on the screen.
George talked to her while working; well, some can do that.
“Oh, here is a message from Gregory!” he would exclaim. Sofia knew Gregory, her Dad’s colleague.
Dad would tell her of what he worked on, like a project, conference, class notes, or a letter.

“ Daddy, I want a letter from Grandma and Grandpa”
“They are too busy honeybee.” 
“I want a letter from them!” insisted a teary voice.

“Mom, why don’t you and Dad learn computer?” asked George on their visit to his parents. Sofia played on the sun streaked kitchen floor. Her Mom couldn’t come due to her busy schedule.
“What do I do learning it now?”
“Why, Mom, you can send Sofia a mail, we can write to each other!”
“Yes, Grandma! I know alphabet. I can read now!”
“My sweet darling, I will post a letter.”
“No! I want it on the computer!” tears welled up.

It was quite a distance away, the computer center. She had to change a bus enroute. Her husband was too busy to come.

The basic computer classes were full of teenagers. They were a bit aghast to see this gray-haired lady among them. Agatha knew typing. But the mouse was troublesome. It would slip sideways, and the pointer wouldn’t listen to her. It took her three days to get a grip on it.

“Goodness! Sofia, you have mail!”
Sofia squealed  “ Dear Sweetie pie....”

Poems, art and more followed, to her thrill.


Word count: 300
© Copyright 2011 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722602-Grannys-mailsofia-makes-her-grandma-learn-computer