*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722612-P-is-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#722612 added April 19, 2011 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
'P' is for...??
Today I'm showcasing an excerpt I wrote for a prompt word that starts with 'P.' After reading the passage below, can you determine which emotion/feeling/state of mind I've depicted?

Here is goes:


Though Jonathon and Bobby were fraternal twins, their lives were one long string of competitions. Bobby was a minute y0unger, a quarter of an inch shorter, and a half a grade point average behind his brother. And Jonathon enjoyed reminding him.

They’d trained together for months for the half-marathon, and for the first time ever Bobby was the stronger. On the track or in the gym, he out-sprinted and out-lifted Jonathon. This time, he was going to be victorious.

But as they flew across the finish line the day of the race, Jonathon’s chest broke the plane a half second before Bobby’s.

Bobby bent over with his hands on his thighs and hung his head, gasping for breath. Panting, Jonathon clapped a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t take it too hard, bro,” he gloated. “Even I thought you were going to beat me, for a minute there.”



So, what 'P' emotion/feeling/state of mind does this excerpt make you think of?
Thanks for reading!



© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722612-P-is-for