*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723505-Batching-it-on-the-Farm
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#723505 added May 4, 2011 at 10:40pm
Restrictions: None
Batching it on the Farm
Batching it on the Farm,

While Linda is in Georgia I have been eating out some but mostly doing my own cooking. My wife is a great cook and so I don’t normally get to cook much although I do grill the steaks.

I am particularly fond of Porterhouse steaks and in this part of the country they raise a lot of Angus beef. There is one grocery store in Adams that deals exclusively in Angus beef and that is where we shop for our meats. On a Porterhouse steak there are two textures the way they slice it here. One is on the tenderloin side of the bone and the other is like a T-Bone. At least that is how I categorize the textures. I give Linda the tenderloin part and I take the other side. Now that she isn’t here I eat both although the dogs, if they have been good, get to help me.

Since I cook the best steak I have ever eaten allow me to digress and tell you how I do it. One each side I put salt, pepper, dried parsley, garlic salt, Kikkoman Sause and my secret ingredient, the barbeque sause that comes with the McDonalds Chicken Nuggets. I turn the grill up and throw it on…walk out to the mail box and back and turn it again….and again…and again…and then it’s done.

I also make the best French fries in the world. Here is my secret receipt. Slice some Idaho potatoes….Those slicer presses work good but you can do it by hand just as well. Once the potatoes are sliced, soak them in fresh Luke warm water. Bath them about 4 times until all the milky stuff leaches out. Then take them and spread them on a table and let them dry. If they shrivel up a bit and turn brown so much the better. Then cook them in hot grease until they turn brown. Salt and enjoy. If these fries are not ten time better than anything you get at a fast food place I will kiss your butt in front of Wall Mart and give you ten minutes to draw a crowd.

My salads are also particularly good. You buy a bag of the pre tossed at the supermarket, throw a hand full on a plate and add your favorite dressing. Washing your hands first is a good idea.

I like those "Texas Yeast Rolls" my wife makes but when she is gone have to settle for loaf bread. If it is over a week old wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for fifteen seconds and slather it with Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter with canola oil. Not only does it freshen it up it is supposed to kill the mold.

If you are in a hurry however, nothing beats a Healthy Choice Salisbury steak frozen TV dinner. Follow the directions to microwave.

© Copyright 2011 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723505-Batching-it-on-the-Farm