*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723569-Friday-Funday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#723569 added May 6, 2011 at 10:09am
Restrictions: None
Friday... Funday
At Abbott, I used to bring home truckloads of money and spent at least half of my time writing. Now, I bring home next to nothing and don't have time to write at all. It seems backwards until you consider I picked up a time-consuming hobby (specifically, small business ownership.)  And even with the apparently negative consequences of my decision, I was happier with my new life until I lost Potbelly.

Here's what I decided about gigging: If I worked hard, I am sure I could land a gig (or several.) I could offer a freebie the first time to hook potential clients, record and distribute CDs, polish my website and YouTube channel. But how hard do I want to work for it? I feel so tired lately, and I think the hiatus has been good for my stress. I'm tired because I'm not running on adrenaline. But if I don't gig, I won't practice... which is why I need to lose weight to gain the energy to work hard to find the gig to practice and keep up my skills, not to mention to supplement my income, visibility, branding, and ego.

I'd like to buy a preposition.

Reach 300 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11:
Friday is my new day off. I could spend the day in jammies if I wanted. At least until I land a gig.

Reading: One book per week.
*Writing* I just finished Eclipse. *Thumbsup* I may check out Seisa-sleepingcatbooks.com 's suggestion (for Kindle... I've been so spoiled by it that I forgot what a pain it is to hold a book open in bed to the right page and at the right angle.) But I do have a queue ahead of it, including more print-and-paper books that I actually invested money it at some point.

On a related note, I could walk from my house to the local public library, and it's crossed my mind that I might enjoy doing that regularly if my schedule ever lightened.

Writing:
(1) *Thumbsup* Blog at MT.com   by the end of Wednesday: Goal met.
(2) *Thumbsdown* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: I did a little journaling. I'm trying to tackle this one with baby steps... and, yes, Storm Machine , I mean actual baby steps, where you take two steps fall on your face, and then... here's the important part... get right back up and try again. My writing baby steps have involved devising a daily schedule and promptly failing to comply with it; creating lists of ideas without actually writing anything; going through my port with revision intentions, and instead spending hours rearranging and deleting items; and journaling the reasons why I'm not writing. See how systematically I fail at writing? It makes it more of a success, if you think about it.

Count points:
Morning weigh-in: 166.0
Yesterday's points: 33
(4) Granola bars
(3) Fiber English muffin with apple butter
(2) Fiber oatmeal
(2) Peanut butter pretzels
(5?) Tortilla chips
(3?) More tortilla chips
(2) Guacamole salad
(4) Beef taco
(8?) Margarita

© Copyright 2011 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723569-Friday-Funday