*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723648-Mothers-Day-Sunday-May-8-2011-113pm
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#723648 added May 8, 2011 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
Mothers' Day, Sunday, May 8, 2011, 1:13pm
Mothers' Day, Sunday, May 8, 2011, 1:13pm

         Had a wonderful service this morning, and now I am home.  I wonder over the Pastor's message, its truths and its faults.  He believes Jesus suffered for us so that we should not suffer.  I wonder... though I love God, I pray, I trust Him, I have faith in Him, yet I am suffering.  Presently, He is not opening doors for me... though my bills begin to fall behind, my rent is overdue and I am incurring late charges, increasing daily.

         God is the same yesterday, today and forever.  The price He paid for us is not limited by time; therefore, He paid the price for Joseph, son of Israel, and He paid the price for Job, and yet they suffered.  The price was already paid for the Israelites, though they were enslaved in Egypt for 400 years.  He paid the price for the people in Africa who continue to suffer daily.  He paid the price for all of the soldiers who have fallen.

         Though Jesus paid the price for us, we are still in the world; and He said, In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.  We are all born with free will and though we know we should, sometimes we do not follow His will for us.  He asks us to give, and yet we hold back.  He asks us to stay, and yet we leave.  He asks us to leave, and yet we stay.  We exercise free will both positively and negatively and in so doing we effect ourselves and others both positively and negatively.

         Suffering continues.

© Copyright 2011 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723648-Mothers-Day-Sunday-May-8-2011-113pm