*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723778--Chapter-6-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #1773630
A prophecy that no one believed has finally come true, now the chaos begins.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#723778 added May 10, 2011 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
-Chapter 6-
Andre opened his eyes and realized he wasn’t where he should be. He knew exactly where he was, he’d been to the destination before and now was the worst time to be here than ever. He wanted to scream, wanted to let the world know that he was still alive, but living in a hell he’d never dreamt of coming to again.


         Jeff was hovering over him. “My son you’re still alive?” Jeff asked pushing his son’s injured shoulder. “You know you said you would kill me right, but it seems like you’re in too much pain to attack me. I think that was because of my nail gun, but I want to talk to you about more important business relations. There is a man out there that I’m sure you know of. He will rise one day. Don’t tell me that I’m lying because I know what will happen. Andre, I want to help you out so much.”


         “Why didn’t you help me before?”


         “I want to help you out now Andre that’s all that matters.”


         “You wait until I don’t need help to help me? You put me through hell for nineteen years of my life and then you finally come back and help me? What is your problem you’re not my father!”


         “I am Andre. DNA tests prove that I am your father. And now I want to show you that I have cared all along. I just felt really bad for running away. I wish I never did run away these days. I can never get sleep anymore.”


         Andre struggled to get up.


         “Please don’t try to get up you’ll hurt yourself even more. I want you to trust me now Andre. It’s too dangerous for you to live alone out there. Please…trust me Andre!”


         Andre knew the trust, and even the like for his father was dead. He knew it had been dead for quite some time, but he couldn’t just let his father go crazy. But what about Jeff? Jeff let Andre go crazy, sit alone without a father, watching Andre cry his eyes out as he was dragged all the way to Jonesboro countless times. But that wasn’t even it. That wasn’t even the half of it. Mom and Stepdad fighting to stay out of jail, as criminal charges against them were pressed for something so simple.


         “You should have helped me.” Andre said. “You should have helped me escape the fear when I was born. You knew what was coming for me Jeff you knew it!” Andre screamed.


         Jeff laughed, “If I could have told the future then I would have saved you long ago.”


         “Stop lying.” Andre cried out. “Please, I’ve had enough of your lying. All you do is lie to me, how do I even know you’re my real father. How do I even know anything about you Jeff?”


         “Trust me.” Jeff said.


         “The small bit of trust between you and I…it’s dead.”


         Andre sat up, “Wait Andre just hear me out please.”


         “I don’t want to. I’m going to Texas.”


         “I can take you there.”


         “You kidnapped me Jeff!”


         “Andre it wasn’t like that.”


         “Then what was it like?”


         Jeff forced the thoughts of killing his son out of his mind. He didn’t know how to explain it without telling his son the truth. “I’ve always felt as if you were meant for great things. I’ve always been afraid of you achieving more than me.”


         “So” Andre said. “Is that a reason for you to abandon me?”


         “I didn’t want my pathetic self to be near such a prodigy.”


         “It’s too late for apologies Jeff. I’m leaving.”


         “Wait Andre please!”


         “Jeff…I’m leaving.” Andre snarled pushing past his father and storming out of the house.


         He never really knew Jonesboro; he just knew there was a mall there. Maybe that was where he could go to escape; maybe he could visit a place where Jeff wouldn’t find him, or where Jeff wouldn’t dare to go.


         Before anything Andre had to find a phone. Matt had to know that he had left Batesville. Matt had to know that…


         A car started behind Andre.


         Jeff was going to follow Andre, it wasn’t safe from here on out.  Andre had to run, he was never built for running, but now it seemed like his life depended on it.


         He started to run.


         Jeff was close by him screaming his name, “Andre!” Andre didn’t stop. “Andre you have to stop!”


         Andre was still going, his heart was beating out of his chest sweat beading down his forehead. He was happy that he was being strong not screaming because of the sharp pain in his shoulder.


         He would really have to get that checked out whenever he could. But he had to face Jeff first. He would have to make sure that Jeff knew he wasn’t screwing around now.


         Andre threw himself out in the middle of traffic dodging cars and screaming like a wild man as soon as the cars spun out of control blocking Jeff.


         It was early morning.


         Andre was tired and ready for some more sleep but he swore he would escape. He swore on his life he wouldn’t have to face Jeff again. But what about his other adversary in life, the one that he swore he would never respect again.


         “Put your hands in the air!”


         An officer was screaming. “Get down!” Jeff yelled at Andre.


         There was gunfire.


         Andre fell.


         The officer was down with a  nail in his neck. Andre turned to look at Jeff. “What the heck do you think you’re doing?” Andre gasped.


         “What I should have done a long time ago.”


         “What is that?”


         “Protecting you.”


         Andre scrambled for the fallen officer’s weapon then turned it towards Jeff. “You know you won’t kill me!” Andre yelled. “But I won’t hesitate for a second to kill you.”


         Jeff knew he was bluffing.


         Andre cursed out loud as more police officers approached. But they were all focused on Jeff, the one that killed the cop. Not the nineteen year old boy holding the smith and Weston pistol. It was all over for Jeff, and Andre was now trying to escape.


         He clicked the safety on the weapon.


         “Thank God for enemies.” Andre said to himself as he ran across the road.


© Copyright 2011 Korbin Scales (UN: korbins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Korbin Scales has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/723778--Chapter-6-