*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724153-XXIV-Nitid
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1777075
When Caer finds herself kidnapped she has to rely on a dangerous man
#724153 added May 17, 2011 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
XXIV: Nitid
"Garrett," Caer called, shaking her hands for emphasis. She wanted him to know what she was upset about, and why she was calling for him. Although it didn't take a genius to figure it out.


"No." He said simply, offering no other explination. Just the simple and horrible no. She hated the word no.


Glaring at him, Caer couldn't resist the childish urge to stick her tongue out at him. All this gained her was a chuckle from him as she turned around and continued to prepare their breakfast. "How am I supposed to eat like this? "She yelled at him, believing she had found a flaw in his plan.


He didn't even spare her a glance. "You're not supposed to. "At these words Caer was speechless. Did he mean to starve her? He was supposed to be protecting her, not killing her. "Don't worry." He spoke as though he were trying to hold back laughter, "I'll be the one feeding you."


If she had ever been shocked in her entire life she didn't think it was this bad. She had been kidnapped, beaten, drugged, and tied up, and still the shock couldn't compare to this. Being fed was so primal. She hadn't had to be fed since...since she'd tried to escape. Garrett had fed her then. Did he think that was an open opportunity for him to feed her whenever he pleased? She wasn't an animal, she had the capability to feed herself and she had no desire to submit herself to Garrett. I suppose I'll just starve. It was a much better option than having to be fed while her hands were tethered behind her back. So much for her plan of seduction.


The banging in the kitchen stopped and shortly afterward Garrett joined her with two plates filled with bacon, eggs, and hash browns. It looked and smelled so good she felt her stomach rumble in response. Blushing as she saw his face, Caer averted her gaze from the food. She wasn't going to eat it, she was going to ignore him and eventually he would release her from the handcuffs. It had been a foolish idea in the first place. Did  he not think she'd find away around it?





There was something to be said about a beautiful woman. Especially a beautiful woman he held at his mercy. She was so adorable when she tried to maintain her bravado in times of uncertainty. It was one thing he admired about her. She wasn't going to back down, it presented a challenge for him, one that he enjoyed. He wasn't a man who wished to break a spirit like that, instead he wanted to enjoy it for what it was. And that's what he was going to do.


He picked up a piece of bacon and held it up to her. Garrett knew she was hungry and from what he'd seen last night, she loved to eat. There was no way that she would be able to resist the temptation. "Here, eat some bacon." He said holding it close her mouth, unable to see her eyes clearly. She had turned her head  to the side, presumably to avoid his amusement at her obvious hunger. When she didn't respond he took her chin gently in his hand and turned her head. "Duchess, you need to eat."


Immediately her eyes snapped to his, green fire emanating from them. There's the spirit I love so much! Without a word she slid off the barstool and half ran towards the bedroom. Garrett watched with amusement as she struggled to pull open the door wither hands behind her back. It took some effort for she had to look over her shoulder to see where to place her hands. If he had been intent on catching her, he would already have her. But he was content to watch her and realize just how much he'd missed her.





What an awful man! She cried inwardly. First he teases me with kisses, then he tempts me with bacon. What next?


Once she managed to get the door open it was rather easy from there to get the door closed and then locked. She'd put a deadbolt on her bedroom door after she had returned home. It had given her a sense of security that had been unfounded. If Garrett could get into her building with a doorman, security cameras, an elevator code, and increased protection since her kidnapping, a simple deadbolt wasn't going to keep him out. But do I really want to keep him out?


That thought echoed in her head as she searched the room for anything that would help her get the handcuffs off. After finding nothing she resigned herself to the last option. She sat down on the bed and leaned back on her elbows, lifting her hips up using her legs and arms as anchors. She slid her arms as far under her butt as she could get them and then sat down. Her biggest problem now was getting her partially immobilized arms past her hips. Mom always told me wide hips were good for child birthing and getting a man's attention. What she failed to tell me, was that they were a horrible hindrance when your tied up.


After a minor struggle and some chaffed skin, Caer managed to get her arms around her legs. It was soon after that she had her hands in front of her again, however tethered they still were. The devious brain that operated inside her head began to form a way to get revenge.


© Copyright 2011 Meradee (UN: lilliepa416 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Meradee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/724153-XXIV-Nitid