*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725202-Whats-happening-in-the-game-console-wars
by brom21
Rated: E · Book · Philosophy · #1740118
I discus subjects from politics, philosophy, religion, entertainment and miscellaneous
#725202 added May 31, 2011 at 5:11pm
Restrictions: None
What's happening in the game console wars?
It is common knowledge that out of all three systems (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3) the Wi has dominated In sales. During the first eight days of its release it sold six-hundred-thousand consoles. Likewise, since the Nintendo DS came out November 21st 2004, many more copies have been sold than the competing PSP. As of late 2010 144.59 copies of the DS (Developers System) have been sold. This bolsters the DS to the second bestselling video game console of all time after the PS2. If you’re looking for the fastest console then it’s the PS3. Except making games that use the system’s full potential is very hard.

In reality the console wars have been going on since 1972. This was the release of the first system from Magnavox called the Odyssey. Around this time Atari released its own console. Over the years there have been great failures in the video game industry. This includes the Atari Jaguar, the Sega Saturn and the Sega Dream Cast to name three. Strictly referring to Sega, though, just make games from the three surviving modern-day consoles. Hence we still see Sonic in action. What can I say? The idea of a blue hedgehog running three-hundred miles per hour is cool. We’ve come a long way needless to say. Today’s consoles all function with multimedia capabilities. What of the future? Some say that the Xbox 720 will come out in 2012. This timeslot also pertains to the next PS3. However this is probably not so. The longevity of the present systems will be the longest due to the immense task of creating something even faster than what we have. As such it will take lots of research and head banging to accomplish this. This goes with all three systems. One thing is sure-whatever comes next will be mind blowing!
© Copyright 2011 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725202-Whats-happening-in-the-game-console-wars