*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725805-Wednesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#725805 added June 8, 2011 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Last night, I dreamed that while trying to land a gig in the restaurant now occupied by my old Potbelly, I discovered that Potbelly had re-opened across the street. I tried to get hired there, but my old boss hemmed and hawed and finally admitted that the whole "closing" thing was just a ruse to get me to leave.

Heh. I've never been one to suffer from paranoia. Nope, I enjoy it thoroughly. *Bigsmile*

Meanwhile,  a customer pointed me to The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition  , which, knowing the majority of my readers, is already familiar to you. It was unknown to me, and this helpful customer suggested I might glean some business ideas from the Rules. I was most grateful and have already planned a brainstorming meeting with my staff. It all started because he wanted to pay me for next month three weeks early, and I informed him that I never turn away money, which he agreed was a wise policy.

And yet another customer threw a fit because two of the boys in the songwriting class will miss next week, due to a driving school conflict. He requested we reschedule the class. By policy, we don't reschedule classes, because we have to find a day and time that works for the teacher, the room, and five different students. It's nearly impossible for *one* class. Imagine if our policy was to reschedule for all our classes. I can understand his frustration, since this is a group that comes in together, but it's just not possible. How do you explain that the education your child is getting is already very competitively priced, and that if you have to miss one lesson out of six months, it's not going to diminish that education, nor the value of the product you're receiving for your monthly tuition? This band has written two very excellent songs and is working on a third, and has meanwhile polished the rest of their setlist. They are doing great, and I'm very proud of the kids and the teacher. And while two kids will miss next week, the other three will still be there. They might actually blossom a little outside the shadow of the two strongest forces in the group.

I hate making people unhappy. But I will make a lot of other people unhappier if I change that policy.

Can you tell that I'm arguing with myself?

Reach 300 students at MTMS   by 12/31/11.
*Writing* Hovering at 175, with three full summer camps, for which I am very happy.

Reading: One book per week.
*Writing* Eldest, little by little.

Writing:
(1) *Check* Blog at MT.com   by the end of Wednesday: Published.
(2) *Check* 30 minutes of daily freestyle writing: No.

Count points:
Morning weigh-in: ?
Yesterday's points: ?

© Copyright 2011 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725805-Wednesday