*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725866
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Young Adult · #1783644
Collection of past monthly newsletters highlighting activities and groups for teen writers
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#725866 added June 9, 2011 at 9:21am
Restrictions: None
TWIST Newsletter ~ 11/17/2009
[The following is the most recent TWIST email, sent to the group on 1/25/2010. To receive TWIST emails, contact NickiD89 today!]



Banner for TWIST Emails




[TWIST! Thoughts of the Day]


Hello TWIST-ers!

Have you developed a regular review practice?

One of the greatest aspects of Writing.com is the review feature. This website is a platform for sharing your creative work with others and drawing valuable feedback. By listening to the reactions of your readers, you gain insight into the effectiveness of your writing and discover where the written words haven’t lived up to the ideas behind them. But receiving reviews is not the only way to strengthen your craft. Giving reviews has many benefits, too.

When you review your peers’ stories and poems, you identify what is working in the writing and what isn’t. Whether you realize it or not, this knowledge is incorporated into your own author’s style each time you sit down to write. As you articulate in a review why the writing is weak, you reinforce what you know about the craft. When you praise a writer for their exceptional work, you feel inspired to raise your own bar and create on a higher level.

Another advantage to reviewing on a regular basis is increasing the visibility of your handle and your portfolio. Many WDC writers return the favor when they receive an insightful review. When your reviews are made public, other writers read through your thoughts and are more likely to click on your portfolio icon and enjoy your work.

Every time you complete another 100 qualifying reviews , you are awarded by the site another community recognition point. And, a regular review practice will increase your Gift Point account, as most writers reward reviewees with GPs/review credits.

So why not give yourself a goal? Try five reviews per week to start out. The more you review, and the more comfortable you become in the practice, the more you’ll find yourself enjoying it. With a regular review practice, everyone wins!



*Right* Every two weeks I promote highlighted contests, activities, groups, forums and fundraisers geared to support teen writers. Please read through them and click the links *Smile*



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




*Star*Divider Banner*Star*



[Contests]

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1630417 by Not Available.


This is a one-time contest open to ALL WDC members. Ashy says, “ Here is a poetry contest that should get everyone's creative juices flowing, the best part is the prizes - grand, worth-while prizes - everyone that enters will receive publication into a special Mother's Day poetry book, as well as an author's discount on the poetry book.” Click today!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~



Young Stars Shine Your Light Contest  (E)
A CONTEST JUST FOR WRITERS EIGHTEEN YRS OLD AND UNDER! ~ON HIATUS~
#1557458 by NickiD89


Round Seven closes on January 31st! What winning story will you choose from your portfolio to enter this time around? Don’t forget, you will receive numerous in-depth reviews of your work, guaranteed! ~Old and new work is accepted~ The Mini-Workshop Lesson this time around is fascinating and deals with ways to be inspired when developing a new character. Click today! *Smile*


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~





[Forums For Writers and Reviewers]

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1090330 by Not Available.


This is where we will be working on different areas to improve our writing. We'll be working on grammar, story elements such as plot, setting, and character development. Plus we'll be working on such things as narration and dialogue. Not only that, but we'll be working on researching our market and our industries and finding out the information you need.


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




[Activities/fundraisers]


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1532909 by Not Available.


Adriana says, “St. Patty’s Day is almost upon us, and right on its heels, spring! In celebration of my Irish roots, I’m offering one lucky winner a festive shower of gold!”


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




 A Tale of Nonsense  (E)
A story that doesn't make much sense. Guaranteed to make you laugh! Enjoy~ Please support.
#1633407 by Sora_Roxas_Keyblade


Madlib fun!


~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




[TWIST! Announcements!]


*Right* From time to time, I will roll the virtual dice and choose TWIST members, by their number on the group roster, to win random prizes!! *Down*

Congratulations to the following TWIST members who won prizes from me!!

*Exclaim* The following members each won a free classes at the New Horizons Writing Academy:
Poplar
Roberta Burns

*Exclaim* Free enrollment to the Writer's Academy and a new siggy went to:

poet737


Feel free to visit our Group Forum!! This is the place you can go to meet other TWIST! members and to talk about what you are doing to maximize your WDC experience. Please stop by and introduce yourself today!

 TWISTers Message Board  (E)
Have something for the TWIST emails? Want to meet other TWISTers? Post a message today!
#1619412 by NickiD89



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~




If you have an item you would like promoted in an upcoming TWIST! email, please fill out this survey *Smile*

 TWIST Email Item Submission Form  (E)
Have a contest, activity, group or fundraiser you want promoted? Fill in survey today!
#1619418 by NickiD89



~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~ *Bullet* ~





Thank you so much for your attention! If you have any suggestions for how I can improve these bi-monthly emails, let me know. The next email will go out in about two weeks time. Until then, I hope you check out the activities listed here! See you next time!!


Keep *Smile*ing!
~Nicki~
© Copyright 2011 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/725866